Veilside III Bodykit help request

Madmarky

Hi there, im pretty new around here, and require some expert assistance. Im thinking of fitting a full Veilside III bodykit but would like some answers to a few things before i go ahead and make a purchase. Ive looked around your forums to see if i can find the answers but unfortunatley the questions are quite kit specific.

A) Because the front bumper sticks out so far i have been wondering about how much to lower and not catch on speed bumps. I have many speed bumps around my area and id rather not have to plan routes to avoid them but dont want the car to look like a monster truck lol.

B) I see many cars fitted with this kit have 20" wheels fitted, i have contacted several companies and am awaiting answer but maybe someone can tell me what the best sizes and offsets for front and rear are to avoid rubbing and do i need to get the arches rolled?

C) I notice that there is not a fixture point for the front number plate and many go for a stick on or a small bike type plate, what is the legality issues of this?

D) The back bumper is fairly tight for clearance for the tail pipes, does this limit the exhaust choices?

Thats pretty much the things that ive been worried about but i would be happy to hear of anyone with experince of the kit itself, just want to know if anyone has had any problems that i can maybe avoid before hand.

Many thanks for your time before hand, i look forward to reading any responses.

Do a search on 'zedrush' or better still PM him as he's had a veilside zed and is heavily modding his current one :thumbs:

Andy also has a veilside zed so try him.

Failing that the dealers on the site should be able to help:

Bigphil

AdamZ1

Envy

PM anyone of them :)

:welcome: madmarky

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can...

I have plenty of speed bumps round my way as well but haven't currently lowererd mine although I have had some Tein coilovers sat in my garage for a fair few months now!! I am running on 20's as well and at the moment, I am happy with the ride and ride height. For example, I went on a Rolling Road day yesterday and my sideskirts missed fouling on the ramps by less than 5mm. If the car was lowered there was no chance of me getting on there. Leaving the ride height as it is also means speed bumps really aren't an issue for me.

20's are a direct fit so long as you get the correct fitments. You shouldn't need to roll the arches at all. Mine are 9's at the front and 10's at the rear, can't remember the offsets off the top of my head so will have to confirm those when I can.

For the front number plate, I just made up a couple brackets and fabricated my own hanger in the front bumper. I'll add some pics below so you can see what I mean.

As for the exhausts, I have the full Nismo exhaust and the cutouts are perfect for it. The Nismo has the same size pipes as standard though and retains the original mounting brackets so you shouldn't have any problem with that and tbh it seems to be the favoured option to go for. I wouldn't like to comment for definate on any other exhaust but I would have thought that if you got the exhaust on first, any decent bodyshop should be able to manipulate the fibreglass without too many dramas to make a decent fit.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any others if I can help :thumbs:

Some general pics of the VSIII kit & location of front plate

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Wheel Clearance

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

Nismo Exhaust Clearance

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Thanks for the fast replies.

Andy, you car looks really nice mate, if mine ends up half as good looking ill be happy. The information you have provided is a great help, i would of always thought your car was lowered but i guess you get the right size wheels and they fill the aches nicely anyway.

Thanks again

Thanks for the welcome Digsy, I really like the wide body stance on the road, however i dont like the way the over fenders look just stuck on. Perhaps Zedrush could comment on what he thought to the kit if he has the time.

I still havent made any decisions yet which is why i want to find out everything i can before i make a purchase. Im currently waiting for a company called Sumo Power to get back to me regarding the details. Has anyone had any dealing with them? is there somewhere else you would recommend?

Thanks for the welcome Digsy, I really like the wide body stance on the road, however i dont like the way the over fenders look just stuck on. Perhaps Zedrush could comment on what he thought to the kit if he has the time.

I still havent made any decisions yet which is why i want to find out everything i can before i make a purchase. Im currently waiting for a company called Sumo Power to get back to me regarding the details. Has anyone had any dealing with them? is there somewhere else you would recommend?

Haven't used them but they have a good reputation. :thumbs:

The reason I asked about the widebody is that you need a very specific size of wheel and offsets to fill the arches. If you go that way sign up on www.my350z.com and ask the question there - there must be a few of the Americans who have done this.

Thanks for the fast replies.

Andy, you car looks really nice mate, if mine ends up half as good looking ill be happy. The information you have provided is a great help, i would of always thought your car was lowered but i guess you get the right size wheels and they fill the aches nicely anyway.

Thanks again

Problem is Andy's is the anorexic teenager version, as its not wide arch, good advice nontheless :p:lol:;) kidding

to get over speed humps you go over at an angle full lock, and you will be fine, I never hit any bumps, even when i use to meet Andy round his way was fine.

Heres my old Z but wait to see what Andy and I have planned with the new Z :thumbs:

350z3-1.jpg

350z1.jpg

350z4-1.jpg

c87549e0.jpg

See on yours Zedrush you had the arches flushed in so it dont look stuck on. Was this a pain for the bodyshop to do, did they have any probs? the reason i ask is the wide arch comes awfully close to the headlights.

I must say i think yours is the only wide VSIII that is flushed that ive seen. Most have the rivot holes on the arches and it looks a bit tacky. If i do go wideboy style i would certainly be looking to get it flushed like yours but would want to know how much extra money that would cost as i bet its quite a hefty amount.

BTW Zedrush, do you know the exact wheel offset and sizes you had with the wide kit, as ive said before am still waiting for Sumo Power to get back to me regarding this.

Thanks for the comments tho, its great to find ppl who can truely advise through experience.

Jay went with spacers I believe both with the original wheels and the RS8's that are in the pictures. I 'think' he also had problems with some of the kit craking where it had been blended in which is a bit of a nightmare tbh!! I agree though, it does give the car a much more finished and smooth look.

Yeah from past experiences with kits this can happen where there isnt much room to 'play' with. I think i will probably end up going for the 'Anorexic teenager' look rather than the 'middle age spread' version :p

I think the extra money it would cost for the wide kit could just be spent elsewhere on the car :)

Andy is right if you go wide arch blend in prepare for cracks galore to much pressure i would not recommend. Skinnier version is best mate :thumbs:

As my brother limiter and Andy have shown. Thats why Andy will not go wide arch, aint that right Andy :teeth:

Here is Limiters car:

IMG_9339.jpg

IMG_9346.jpg

IMG_9333.jpg