test driven 2, ones sounds better & goes better - why??

sprevett

both are 2004 GT Coupes - one just sounds a bit raspier (bit ferrari-like but not too loud, just nice) and seems to have more urge too. Is it likely to have a different exhaust or mod? both are UK dealer supplied, both being sold by dealers and both look 'stock'. any info much appreciated. ta

At a guess, if one of the exhaust tones is louder but looks stock its probably a Nismo. It looks pretty much like the original but is stainless steel.There is also a Nismo logo down the side. I would think other exhaust mods would be easy to detect as they are visibly different. I suspect the feeling that it has more power may be part due to the sound. :D

The nismo is a nissan motorsport exhaust. It doesnt do any harm or throw any errors as you would imagine with it being made by nissan.

The Nismo is one of the best sounding exhausts for the Zed IMO, they are slightly better free flowing but you wont see any real gains as the ecu compensates for any benefits.

ahh! are Nismo's more free-flowing/unrestricted? are they expensive? are there issues with warranty or insurance? does it mess up the engine management? i think i want one anyway cos it sounded lurvly. :)

Nismo's cost about £800, a lot more free flowing and sound lovely(I know I have one fitted )

rear view :lol:

nismo006.jpg

hmm...that looks nice. and looking at the photo of the better-sounding Z on my camera the tailpipes look very shiny compared to the naffer sounding Z which look a bit rusty to be honest. so, where does one buy a Nismo and who should fit it? do dealers do it? thanks for all the info guys.

hmm...that looks nice. and looking at the photo of the better-sounding Z on my camera the tailpipes look very shiny compared to the naffer sounding Z which look a bit rusty to be honest. so, where does one buy a Nismo and who should fit it? do dealers do it? thanks for all the info guys.

look on the trader section on this site, I'm sure you'll get one of them to sell you something :lol:

To be fair though, a lot of the looks can be improved with rubbing down the tips of the exhaust with Autosol. Works wonders....... but won't change the sound! :thumbs:

chatted with big phil - nice guy - he pointed out that the low mileage car that didn't feel as good might be down to it needing a few more miles to loosen up. hadn't thought of that. i went back and drove the higher mileage nice one, and it doesn't have a special exhaust - it's bog standard. drives real sweet though. bugger. what to do.....:wacko: