Hit the speed bump...

Banz

Today isn't a good day, I was being extra careful as well. Scuff the alloys when I was parking off street. I had plenty of space but wanted to park as close to the kerb as possible. I didn't know that the 19" sticks out that much!

Then I hit the speed bump next to my house at 5-10mph.... I don't even know how the hell did that happened, I drove past that speed bump many many times and never had problems with it. I did notice the car was bouncing a little bit more than normal before I hit the speed bump, the road was a bit uneven. I probably should've waited till it stablise before I went over it.

I shined a torch underneath the car and can't see anything wrong. It did felt like it hit something solid and was something behind the drivers seat. Should I get it checked out? Or I'm just being too paranoid.

Edited by Banz

Wait till it's daylight tomorrow then have another look, ...if you're still worried maybe try your local independent garage to see if they mind you or them having a look underneath up on some ramps.

If you hit it as slowly as you say then I doubt you've done any damage but always best to check especially if it felt like a good thump as you say. ;)

It felt like a solid thump rather than a scratching one hence why I'm worried. I always hear other cars hitting that speed bump so I was being careful! Just isn't my day :angry:

Better to be safe so I'll take it to a garage, need to get the screeching belt fixed too.

Biggest danger with hitting speed bumps imo is damaging your sump. If that gets damaged & you lose your oil then as you'll know I'm sure, your engine won't last long.

Doubt that's the case though with you but still can't hurt to check for fluids under the car before driving it. ;)

• Like 1

Nothing worse than hearing that scrape of the alloys when you're trying to park really carefully!

Glad all is well :).

I've done this a few times and once due to impatience in traffic because I'm a massive tit. C'est la vie.