Anyone tried/have 2 x tomei extreme back ends!?!

Ollydykins

Basically looking to change my exhaust system to what a friend of mine has which is ;

'a tomei extreme back end, an a motordyne y pipe with a straight pipe'

And wondering whether anybody has ran 2, as I prefer the idea of 2 exhausts to the 1 (purely for looks) and if so what pipe setting was used? :)

Thanks!

Olly

So basically you want to run a Motordyne Y-pipe, straight centre (no silencers) & then have it somehow branch off into two Tomei backboxes?

I don't think I've seen a Zed with that attempted. Your best bet imo is getting somewhere like Longlife exhausts to fabricate you the exhaust split near the rear onto the separate Tomei backboxes.

Should look good imo but maybe worth considering just getting a setup with twin pipes to start with unless you really specifically want to go down this route. Good luck though. :thumbs:

I didn't think it was as simple is I had in my head (King noob).

Basically whoever did my exhaust before I had it f*****d up, they have one side coming over the back axle which catches on ever bump, which means I can't lower it all, I love the loudness etc of mine but don't know what else I can do and thought I might be able to switch, but now I'm thinking might be easier to just try and rectify the one I've got... ANYWAY. Thanks for the quick response :) !

What exhaust is it do you know?

For an example: With the Invidia Gemini true dual exhaust system that I used to own it's quite a common thing for some people/garages to incorrectly fit the drivers side pipe at the rear.

Basically instead of going over the top of the anti-roll bar they put it below so it hangs down too low & causes a low clearance issue like you mention.

Picture below of how it should be fitted circle in red (on my old Zed)...

49_zpsac896646.jpg

Picture below of an incorrectly fitted Invidia Gemini...

gemini.jpg

It's simple to fix that if that is your issue: just unbolt, alter position and pass it over the anti-roll bar. Re-bolt up & job done. ;)

Olly do you have a budget for what you could spend on your exhaust system?

Bear in mind you could always sell your old one once removed for a bit of "cash back" or keep it to put back on in the future if you sold the Zed & get some "cash back" again then.

The Invidia N1 back boxes have a "similar" look imo to a Tomei one albeit without the blued tips.

invidia_350z.jpg

That is around the £700 mark, is all stainless steel and would attach to your standard Y-pipe.

Plenty of other options though depending on your budget and plenty of traders on here that could do you a great deal. ;)

^^ Few members with those so depending on your location you might be able to find a member willing to let you have a listen to theirs before you buy.

From what I've heard it is a very good system.

Remember to shop around for the best price from the traders on here & keep an eye out for any "group buys" too.

Like this one which was being run by Adrian@TORQEN (deadline has passed but worth a PM as he does ask in the last post if anyone else is interested): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/105512-torqen-ark-group-buy-15-discount-on-all-ark-exhausts/page__st__80

:thumbs: