How to fit facelift rear L.E.D's???

sonny

Hi there, I have bought some facelift rear L.E.D's for my 2004 Zed, does anyone have a step by step guide of how i fit these, I have bought them from Holdcroft, they have told me that i need to trim the 3 the lugs in the loom, im not too sure how to do this,im a bit of a novice when it comes to doing these things, any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Its sooooooooooooooooo easy even I managed to do it. :bangin:

Take the current ones out, they are connected via male/female connector. The new lights won't fit directly. They will have two 'grooves' on either side of the connector that need to be 'shaved' off with a stanley knife :D

Sorry mate,looking at them im not too sure what grooves you mean?? do you mean on the black plastic part of the loom? trim these down then? i guess i will see when i take the old ones out!

Now your askin :lol:

In total Sarnie technical terminolgy:

The new lights will have a connector, which connects to the equivalent connector once the old lights are removed. When you try to fit the new ones, you won't be able to due to two plastic grooves that stick out on the sides of the new lights connectors. These need to be shaved off. :blush:

All will become evident once you try to fit them :D

Sorry mate,looking at them im not too sure what grooves you mean?? do you mean on the black plastic part of the loom? trim these down then? i guess i will see when i take the old ones out!

Have a look at the photo's on this link when I fitted mine :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... t&start=60

I knew those pics were on here, i just couldn't be bothered to find them :blush::lol:

The new lights will have a connector, which connects to the equivalent connector once the old lights are removed. When you try to fit the new ones, you won't be able to due to two plastic grooves that stick out on the sides of the new lights connectors. These need to be shave off. :blush:

Excellent response, Sarnie. Even I understand that now. :thumbs:

The new lights will have a connector, which connects to the equivalent connector once the old lights are removed. When you try to fit the new ones, you won't be able to due to two plastic grooves that stick out on the sides of the new lights connectors. These need to be shaved off. :blush:

:lol::lol:

:thumbs:

:lol::lol:

:thumbs:

I tried :blush:

Thats my longest post for months................ :D

I tried :blush:

Thats my longest post for months................ :D

You need to make your own Wikipedia site! :lol:

Cos that would be sooo useful :lol:

Well the Search function would be super wiki fast!

The search function would be crap because everything would be called a thingy or a wotsit, you'd never be able to find anything :lol: