head unit wiring

james852

i dont want to seem like a dun ass. but is the micra wire harness only used so you dont have to cut into the the wiring of your new head unit???

as the end of the pac ome1 that i got has no harness on. so will have to be spliced anyway so may as well just connect to the new head units wiring. also. the pac ome1 has low and high level input wiring? which one do i use. i think the high level but not sure. dose it depend on the power out put of the new head???

If you have the BOSE system then yes, you use the micra harness to save cutting into your own HU harness. As you say, the PAC-ROEM has no harness as its a generic unit so you need to splice the wires into the corresponding micra harness.

Whats the new HU you are installing? On the PAC-ROEM it tells you which power outputs to use for Hi/Low. I have a 50w per channel HU and use the Hi wires on the PAC-ROEM and it works fine.

I suggest you search PAC-ROEM on here as there are more posts from me and the others on installing it :thumbs:

Typically your wiring will be like this:

New HU -- Micra Harness -- PAC-ROEM-- BOSE Amp (via OEM wiring connector that used to plug into the BOSE HU)

If you have the BOSE system then yes, you use the micra harness to save cutting into your own HU harness. As you say, the PAC-ROEM has no harness as its a generic unit so you need to splice the wires into the corresponding micra harness.

Whats the new HU you are installing? On the PAC-ROEM it tells you which power outputs to use for Hi/Low. I have a 50w per channel HU and use the Hi wires on the PAC-ROEM and it works fine.

I suggest you search PAC-ROEM on here as there are more posts from me and the others on installing it :thumbs:

New HU -- Micra Harness -- PAC-ROEM-- BOSE Amp (via OEM wiring

connector that used to plug into the BOSE HU)

cheers buddy. thats all i need to know. i thought that would be the case. i think my new head unit will be over 25w per channel. as it cost £400.

so all in all jobs a gooden. cheers :thumbs:

New HU -- Micra Harness -- PAC-ROEM-- BOSE Amp (via OEM wiring

connector that used to plug into the BOSE HU)

cheers buddy. thats all i need to know. i thought that would be the case. i think my new head unit will be over 25w per channel. as it cost £400.

so all in all jobs a gooden. cheers :thumbs:

The high low wires aren't power but the 'level' of the signal. ie what the amp needs to work with. If Chris used high then you should be fine doing the same. :)