Removing ECU/lower dash panel

OliverB

Hi all,

Trying to get the ECU out from under the passenger footwell. I can get 2 bolts off, but not the 3rd. I need to remove the lower dash panel to continue, as my hands/tools can't reach it. Any suggestions?

I've included a few photos:

post-28071-0-79353200-1461686208_thumb.jpg

This is the view of the ECU when your head is in the passenger foot well.

post-28071-0-44815900-1461686215_thumb.jpg

This is the view of the bolt that I can't get at. It may look spacious, but my phone is peeking through a gap between the plastic of the lower dash and the footwell wall. I've taken off two bolts, just this to go.

post-28071-0-43227200-1461686221_thumb.jpg

This is the view of the underside of the ECU (left side as you see it from under the footwell).

post-28071-0-19798300-1461686230_thumb.jpg

The work space. Lived there for a couple of hours today!

post-28071-0-28194600-1461686235_thumb.jpg

My poor zed getting towed from London on Saturday, just ahead of Japfest!

Any help would be most appreciated!

I had to do this fairly recently. I initially tried to remove with dash panel in situ. It's much much easier with the panel off. Especially for when you come to put it back in.

To get panel off u need to remove the small panel in footwell by the door. If I remember correctly there is 1 bolt right where passenger left foot would be.

The main panel has I think 3 bolts and a screw. 1 inside card holder/cup space. Use a screw driver to push a little tab up at back to get this out. 1 inside the 12V socket door. Final bolt and screw can be found by peeling away the plastic trim just inside the door. The bit by the kick plate. You will need door open to get at this.

I don't have any pics but if u need some let me know and I will head out and take some photos of the locations of bolts etc.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...