Tesla Model 3 announced....it'll be a long wait for people ordering in the UK..

gangzoom

Ok am sold.

$35,000 starting price excluding any grants, minimal 215 mile range, and sub 6 second 0-60 time. All glass roof. Autopilot hardware standard.

Still I cannot wait till 2019, and with 100k of pre-orders even before the car was shown off, it might not be till 2020 we finally get UK cars. I reckon US pre-orders alone is going to top 200k, which will keep Tesla busy for 2018-19 before they can even start to look at other markets.

I will however be pre-ordering at the same time as I order a S. This should allow me to jump ahead of all those people who have ordered in the UK but don't own a Model S/X. Wife's car will be 5 years old in 2020, perfect time to replace it with a maxed out 3 :).

26164221825_268a8dbbaf_o_d.jpg

25559446504_397e9df140_b_d.jpg

26097863351_b8688a8d7c_b_d.jpg

26138263416_16dedb5122_b_d.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

Exactly, I know ugly when I see it :D

To the point of closing your eyes ;)

I read online this morning that autopilot was an option not on the base model.

Apparently they are hoping to have 7200 chargers globally by 2019 or something.

And the orders are not binding, if you don't want the car come delivery time you can get full refund of your deposit. I wonder how many of those orders are just people sticking their foot in the door for the sake of it...

...I guess this is the model that has to finally make some money for Tesla, if this doesn't take off, will it go pop?

• Like 1

Interestingly (or not) despite Tesla taking 180k orders for the Model 3 on day one, the share price continued to fall throughout the day. The market, it seems, is still not impressed nor convinced.

Also, have you seen the boot? Utterly useless. Should've been a proper hatch, not a silly flip up thing.

Interestingly (or not) despite Tesla taking 180k orders for the Model 3 on day one, the share price continued to fall throughout the day. The market, it seems, is still not impressed nor convinced.

Also, have you seen the boot? Utterly useless. Should've been a proper hatch, not a silly flip up thing.

The boot has two openings, it's a hatchback with a 'quick' access half open option.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/image-jpeg.170248/

So are you thinking of ordering?? Better get a move on pre-orders now at 230k, pretty soon the waiting list is going to be well over 12 month long...I woudlnt be able to help you queue jump when I order my S, only one priority 3 order per S/X, and my wife+my father in law both want one :D

The boot has two openings, it's a hatchback with a 'quick' access half open option.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/image-jpeg.170248/

So are you thinking of ordering?? Better get a move on pre-orders now at 230k, pretty soon the waiting list is going to be well over 12 month long...I woudlnt be able to help you queue jump when I order my S, only one priority 3 order per S/X, and my wife+my father in law both want one :D

So the boot is actually even more useless then? That's a clusterf*ck of a design.

I'll let you know when my wife gets hers delivered and I'll see what stuff I can squeeze in the back...At the rate of current pre-orders been put down that'll be in about 3-4 years time :).

Edited by gangzoom

It's a daily drive. Practicality should be one of the most important features of the car. The TM3 fails at the first hurdle.

You could actually buy a useful car for the money you're going to spend on that.

It's a daily drive. Practicality should be one of the most important features of the car. The TM3 fails at the first hurdle.

You could actually buy a useful car for the money you're going to spend on that.

250K people and counting don't share your concerns. Who would bet against 500k+ pre-orders before the car is finally ready for production??

Tesla better start building more rapid chargers :)