Easter weekend modifications

Rock_Steady

After owning my 350 for just over 3 years and covering a grand total of 10k, i thought it was time to address the issue of the knocking and general crashing about over speed bumps and the like. So, without telling my wife about the full cost, i bought new banana arms, drop links front and rear, track rod ends, Tein lowering springs and pads all before friday last week. I asked a good friend of mine if i could borrow his workshop - which he kindly gave me access to - with a proper ramp.

I got there @ 9am and started work. I managed to do most of it in 8 hours and packed up at 5. Came back the next day and spent a few hours finishing it off. The biggest problem i encountered was trying to get the bloody nuts and bolts to undo. Everything, and i do mean everything, needed to be heated up so it took quite a while. And of course after 80k, everything that i changed was well and truly knackered. One thing i noticed was that the previous owner had already spent money on new shocks which was a pleasant surprise. On close inspection they were in really good nick, so that was a bonus.

But now it's all finished and i can happily say i have been blown away by the difference in the ride. It's like night and day! Feels far more planted and tight like a nuns knickers! Handling is just leagues better than it was. No squeaking or knocking, i'd almost say it's civilised.

A big thanks to Mitz for his speedy delivery on the banana arms and also for his help in a quick phone call for some guidance. Many thanks for that!

Now the 350 sits nicely on the drive and i think i have fallen in love with it all over again. :) Happy days.

Edited by Rock_Steady