Accelerator Lagg

Maddog

As I haven't had my Zed long, I've noticed if I blip the accelerator there is a delay and the rev's take a little to settle down, does this mean the throttle body needs cleaning or is this delay common among Zeds, How can I make it more responsive,

Thanks

Unless uprevved there are throttle restrictions in place in the first couple of gears and it probably takes a while to settle because its a big old v6 with dual mass flywheel, what are you comparing it to, i.e previous car?

Swap out for a lightweight single mass flywheel and fit a throttle controller or get it uprevved.

Edited by Jetpilot

Unless uprevved there are throttle restrictions in place in the first couple of gears and it probably takes a while to settle because its a big old v6 with dual mass flywheel, what are you comparing it to, i.e previous car?

Swap out for a lightweight single mass flywheel and fit a throttle controller or get it uprevved.

Yes I was comparing it to other cars I've owned, But these are supposed to be one of the top sports cars, I just thought the throttle response would have been better, Also the time from cold start it takes to settle seems long, again I'm comparing it to my previous Merc V6 CLK

Yes I was comparing it to other cars I've owned, But these are supposed to be one of the top sports cars, I just thought the throttle response would have been better, Also the time from cold start it takes to settle seems long, again I'm comparing it to my previous Merc V6 CLK

As said above there is a throttle restriction in the first few gears, either get it mapped via uprev or fit a throttle controller to remove, you will then get a better response.

After a map the difference is noticeable, well it was in my case. When I first got the car it wasn't the smoothest at pulling away and occasionally would be close to stalling if I didn't concentrate on the throttle. Now its as it should be and I've not had any issues.