Front corner splitters carbon? Pics-thoughts?

rickya

These are not specifically made for the 350z.

Firstly what do you lot think of these?

Also as the zed front bumper is very curved around corners, will this splitter stick out too much on the sides?? Front area is not a problem.

How the hell am I going to make new bolt fixings under the zed to secure it?

DSC04227.jpg?t=1196542052

DSC04226.jpg?t=1196542400

I like the ones that encompass all the front bumper but i think these could work..maybe. Your best bet is to get under the car and make sure theres somewhere you can actually mount it too first. Then start thinking about securing it. It may mean too drilled holes in the bumper with some zinc coated lock tight screws to hold it in place... :blush:

I have the carbon fibre centre air dam thingie on my bumper which will compliment these I think.

Do you think self taping screws will hold it, wont I need bolts with nuts? Also whats zinc coated ones? Good idea to check fitting area first before buying! :wacko:

Looking at the shape of the 350z front bumper, the way it curves & ends immediately as wheel arch begins. I dont think the splitter in my first post pic will fit. I think that splitter is made for cars with a straighter edged side bumper ??

Varis350zcarboncanard.jpg

sorry i didnt mean self tapping screws :wacko: i wouldnt risk them to be honest. When your doing over a 100mph on the way to the Ring or you hit a curb parking up....i wouldn't like to think. Your right you'll need some nuts and bolts!!

Zinc coated are just so they dont rust as they'll be near the arch area where theres a build up of water if it rains.

Also as the zed front bumper is very curved around corners, will this splitter stick out too much on the sides?? Front area is not a problem.

They won't fit, we have tried them.

They won't fit, we have tried them.

Get a Varis, they fit perfectly :thumbs:

No actually on second thoughts dont, I lilke being quite exclusing :teeth::p

Better still Il nick Zedrush's C west one! :teeth:

Perfect! :thumbs:

I agree, its pretty cool.

Like i said, i think you will need to balance off the carbon at the rear, either a diffuser ;) or carbon spats all the way round.

If you are putting the splitter on, you will also need something to finish off the sides as it could look like a snow plough. :thumbs:

Iv just ordered some from same co. but a different design which are smaller but IMO not as nice as the ones above :( They are flatter & go underneath the front bumper rather than come forward & outwards. They'r grade A carbon fibre, so should be good quality I hope.

Its a bit of a gamble as may not fit properly or look right & may have to be returned. The seller emailed the diagram with exact dimensions, I then did a Tony Hart special & made a cut out from card, fits & looks good! :teeth: Il have a go you never know.

Iv just ordered some from same co. but a different design which are smaller but IMO not as nice as the ones above :( They are flatter & go underneath the front bumper rather than come forward & outwards. They'r grade A carbon fibre, so should be good quality I hope.

Its a bit of a gamble as may not fit properly or look right & may have to be returned. The seller emailed the diagram with exact dimensions, I then did a Tony Hart special & made a cut out from card, fits & looks good! :teeth: Il have a go you never know.

Look forward to seeing the finished article and a writeup on how you did it :thumbs:

Amazing quality items, some of the best carbon fibre bits iv ever seen made. But does not fit as wrong shape & will not fit as is. But I am not giving up that easily!! All it needs is a bit of time/imagination & patience..................to bugger it up completley & ruin the splitters!!

I need to extend them by almost twice the width of the splitter to firstly reach the existing bolts under bumper & to fill slight gap that will be created in bumper/spliter corner. But none of which will be visible except from under car or from above/back i.e sitting on bonnet!

The only issue now is I need to find a nice bit of strong black plastic/rubber as used on bumpers or number plate surround etc, any ideas. (flat & about approx 30cm by 20cm that will be cut into shape of quater circle) Any ideas??

Amazing quality items, some of the best carbon fibre bits iv ever seen made. But does not fit as wrong shape & will not fit as is. But I am not giving up that easily!! All it needs is a bit of time/imagination & patience..................to bugger it up completley & ruin the splitters!!

I need to extend them by almost twice the width of the splitter to firstly reach the existing bolts under bumper & to fill slight gap that will be created in bumper/spliter corner. But none of which will be visible except from under car or from above/back i.e sitting on bonnet!

The only issue now is I need to find a nice bit of strong black plastic/rubber as used on bumpers or number plate surround etc, any ideas. (flat & about approx 30cm by 20cm that will be cut into shape of quater circle) Any ideas??

Buy a splitter that fits? ;)

True, but I always like to try & do my own mods. On my old Honda Civic, I hacked a hole on front bumper & fitted mesh then added a lower lip which was actually a lip from another standard civic bumper joined on, filled, smoothed & painted. Also colour coded all plastic bits on car.

Did a similar job on MK2 Golf I had when young colour coded all inc front grill & attached a front lip spoiler on rear as common Golf mod.

On my current BMW 330d I had a Fibre glass Alpina front lower bumper/spoiler fabricated which I had sprayed & then I fitted myself. It goes over existing OEM Se front bumper.

43396121198a3c7d5f716a6a7d9d07ae7a4b8c2e8bd82d5666981c07.jpg

True, but I always like to try & do my own mods. On my old Honda Civic, I hacked a hole on front bumper & fitted mesh then added a lower lip which was actually a lip from another standard civic bumper joined on, filled, smoothed & painted. Also colour coded all plastic bits on car.

Did a similar job on MK2 Golf I had when young colour coded all inc front grill & attached a front lip spoiler on rear as common Golf mod.

On my current BMW 330d I had a Fibre glass Alpina front lower bumper/spoiler fabricated which I had sprayed & then I fitted myself. It goes over existing OEM Se front bumper.

43396121198a3c7d5f716a6a7d9d07ae7a4b8c2e8bd82d5666981c07.jpg

Numberplate is B)B)B)B)B)

Thanx mate :D It goes well as my surname begins with A

When DVLA first opened website about 7 years ago I bought it at a steal, £250 inc Vat & transfer! Iv had a few people stopping me & asking if for sale, a couple of yrs ago this lady who lives near me offered me £3k for it for her husbands birthday present :yahoo:

When DVLA first opened website about 7 years ago I bought it at a steal, £250 inc Vat & transfer! Iv had a few people stopping me & asking if for sale, a couple of yrs ago this lady who lives near me offered me £3k for it for her husbands birthday present :yahoo:

Good work mate, i only paid £250 for mine too :teeth:

Good work mate, i only paid £250 for mine too :teeth:

+1 :teeth:

Think I only paid £85 fir mine , the thing to do is find something the DVLA havent worked out. Mine is work related and I have been offered a lot for it as its a pretty exact match to the boat I drive without being altered.;)

*** OIL ? :D

*** TUG ;)