Morgan plus 4 any experiences?

Spatt

Hi folks.

Anyone ever driven a Morgan plus 4 or know anyone who has one?

I'm going to have one on hire next weekend as a gift and just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience?

Please try not to put me off.. i'm sure it was an expensive gift and i dont need scaring. It's a 2015 model so hopefully it should be relatively easy to drive. Think they're a 2.0 Ltr?

cheers,

Matt

I worked on a few plus 8`s back in the day and used to luv them for their.... how shall i put it.... Character :teeth:

Whatever anyone say`s matey that is a great gift and just enjoy it. You should be well chuffed

Edited by gsexr

yeh thats what i thought. i'm chuffed to bits and to be honest i'm looking forward to the experience of having the roof down (weather permitting) and being exposed to the elements. plus it would be nice to drive something different.

The girlfriends defiantly out done herself this time! I need to find some great roads down in Shropshire to drive

Excellent! I must be honest i'm worried what a 28 and a 27 year old will look like in our get up driving something like a Morgan around but i cant wait for the experience. Apparently the handbrake is a thing to master (goes in reverse or something)

been watching a few vids on the old Youtube.

gsexr whats that place?

• 2 weeks later...

They are awesome cars . . I know someone with 2 Aero 8's . . Coupe and Roadster.

When his Roadster was back in at the factory he had a Plus 4, a real car with character.

B)

Love the Aero 8. Class at its best. Tried to hire one for my wedding. Impossible.

Got a TVR Sagaris instead. Still would have liked an Aero.

They are awesome cars . . I know someone with 2 Aero 8's . . Coupe and Roadster.

When his Roadster was back in at the factory he had a Plus 4, a real car with character.

B)

Very low depreciation (if any) on Morgans, when I was a young lad the guy who lived next door to me had a Morgan 3 wheeler probably worth a fortune now.

Pete

I'm late to the party here but I can say that there is nothing quite like a Morgan, faults and all. It's not everyone's cup of tea but you will know very soon if the unique charm gels with you or not. Don't try and judge it against anything made in the last 100 yrs and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Yeh, I should really have got back about this. The whole experience was awesome! I'll try and get some pictures up over the next few days. I still have all my gopro footage to edit out as well.

The car was a really joy to drive but i was scared to death for the first 10 minutes. that said i didn't stop smiling all day! best moment was when we where leaving the guy said if you stop and have to leave the car, dont bother locking it, it will be fine. He was totaly right. I'm used to attention in the zed but the type of attention you get driving a Morgan is a very different experience.

Matt

• Like 1