CF engine cover

GIXXERUK

an easy job, remove the four bolts (the one under the strut brace is a little awkward - leave it in the cover and bring it out with it )

remove the oil cap

mine didnt come with the bolt lugs so to remove these take out the metal spacer first then the rubber, installation is the reversal, rubber then spacer, dont try and do them together ;)

cleaned with plexus :thumbs:

time - 15 mins

i'm pleased with it, so i'm going drive round with bonnet up now :thumbs:

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

erm....... thats it :blush:

You seem to have missed the rest of the engine bay when it came to cleaning!! :p

Did you not need to do anything with your strut brace to fit it? Any feedback on quality of weave etc on the cover?

Looking :thumbs::)

no mate , i didnt have to touch the strut bar at all, one bolt is under it but its easy enough to undo with an open ended 10mm and then lift it out with the cover :thumbs:

the same for replacemant put the bolt in the cover and then offer it up to the engine

if you put a light behind the weave you can see imperfections but on the engine it looks spot on :thumbs:

£59 off ebay from jdm performance :thumbs:

and no i havent bothered really cleaniong under there at this time of year - i'll wait for the summer now, i noticed the bonnet struts are trying to rust :scare: so i cleaned and coated those

You seem to have missed the rest of the engine bay when it came to cleaning!! :p

Did you not need to do anything with your strut brace to fit it? Any feedback on quality of weave etc on the cover?

Looking :thumbs::)

no mate , i didnt have to touch the strut bar at all, one bolt is under it but its easy enough to undo with an open ended 10mm and then lift it out with the cover :thumbs:

the same for replacemant put the bolt in the cover and then offer it up to the engine

if you put a light behind the weave you can see imperfections but on the engine it looks spot on :thumbs:

£59 off ebay from jdm performance :thumbs:

and no i havent bothered really cleaniong under there at this time of year - i'll wait for the summer now, i noticed the bonnet struts are trying to rust :scare: so i cleaned and coated those

My replacement strut brace needs removing as it is about 3 times wider than the OEM! :lol:

I got mine from Phil and the weave is very good. Got my bro to inspect it and he could only find one join around the oil cap hole and said he couldn't fault the weave. B)

What are those rules about Detailing Club?! :p;)

did you buy a summit rob ? what colour are the brackets ? is the bar polished ?

First reason, looks. Second, quality and reputation. Third, weight.

Brackets, organge.

Bar is polished, yep.

Pic here mate....

P1030156.jpg

P1030158.jpg

No copying!! :p

B) mmm very nice, what does phil do those for ? ££

did phil do the tb, intake and plenum aswell ?

call me rob :p:lol:

No, no-one does these, anywhere, at all, ever again, forever, it is all completely unique. :p

IIRC (don't quote me, call Phil) I think it was about £150.

Intake pipe is the Injen one. Phil does a polished pipe for £95 I think, with different colour tubing for connections.

TB and plenum can be arranged through Phil too.

There you go, all secrets are out! :blush:

And you'll never have the style to go with it!!! :teeth::p

For the record, I did it first! :yahoo::p

i might just print off a pic of yours and lay it over my engine instead :p

cheers mate

tbh there is very little you can do that is original on the zed now and a lot of the time if it hasnt been done before theres a reason :headhurt:

:boxing::lol:

Don't go trying to apologise for your lack of imagination now. I'll set the trend, you lot can follow..... B):p