Chris Evans not able to handle high speeds whilst filming top gear???

Not Eddie c***ing Jordan :(

Man, I hope he only has small chatting bits, else I'm going to want to throw the TV through the window.

What you talking about? Eddie is so captivating to watch and his exciting attire is in no way a substitute for a lack of personality or desperation to be centre of attention. ;)

Better EJ than DC mind!

seriously though, I see why they have chosen each one, whether its for the car knowledge, presenter knowledge etc but I cant see anyone there who is going to be good for banter and stupidity like the original three - but maybe Top Gear isn't going to be like that anymore, and more seriously like 5th gear (for the record, I have only seen a few episodes of that and its boring)

All the best to them, but I dont be watching (well, I will watch the first one, just to see what they do...and to see how ill Chris Evans looks in a Lambo :stir:

Also, according to Wikipedia (dont start telling me thats not 100% true as well)

'In 2014, Harris was banned from reviewing Lamborghini cars. The cause of the ban was an article written by Harris, titled "Lamborghinis Are The Perfect Cars For People Who Can't Drive." In his piece, Harris criticizes many characteristics of the Lamborghini brand. Harris repeatedly expresses concern for Lamborghini, saying their "future is bleak," and that the brand "can't support its looks with adequate [driving] dynamics." Harris also notes several Lamborghini malfunctions; in one case, as he was driving, "the brakes [on the Lamborghini] caught fire." Consequently, Lamborghini ended their relationship with Harris, and Harris has not officially reviewed a Lamborghini since'

Harris was banned from reviewing Ferrari cars on February 2, 2011, after writing an article titled, "How Ferrari Spins." In his article, Harris criticizes Ferrari for trying "to win every test [review] at any cost." As the article goes on, Harris continues to criticize Ferrari as a "profoundly irritating" brand. In addition, Harris explains that an automotive journalist, in his opinion, is forced to please Ferrari with a positive review, in order to maintain a relationship with the brand. Though Harris was technically banned from reviewing Ferrari cars, Harris was still able to unofficially review several Ferraris throughout his ban. In late 2013, Harris and Ferrari reconciled, and Harris has since (officially) reviewed many Ferrari cars.

Hes not exactly liked by two of the biggest supercar manufacturers..

Edited by GeorgeW

but I cant see anyone there who is going to be good for banter and stupidity like the original three - but maybe Top Gear isn't going to be like that anymore, and more seriously like 5th gear

But no one wants three idiots being stupid, they all want a car show, apparently ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

but I cant see anyone there who is going to be good for banter and stupidity like the original three - but maybe Top Gear isn't going to be like that anymore, and more seriously like 5th gear

But no one wants three idiots being stupid, they all want a car show, apparently ;)

Bo%&$*ks.

@Stu: On that sir, you have my complete agreement.

What annoys me is that EJ does have some interesting things to say and certainly knows his onions, it's just that I want to punch him in the face whenever he opens his mouth.

Edited by Ekona

seriously though, I see why they have chosen each one, whether its for the car knowledge, presenter knowledge etc but I cant see anyone there who is going to be good for banter and stupidity like the original three - but maybe Top Gear isn't going to be like that anymore, and more seriously like 5th gear (for the record, I have only seen a few episodes of that and its boring)

All the best to them, but I dont be watching (well, I will watch the first one, just to see what they do...and to see how ill Chris Evans looks in a Lambo :stir:

Also, according to Wikipedia (dont start telling me thats not 100% true as well)

'In 2014, Harris was banned from reviewing Lamborghini cars. The cause of the ban was an article written by Harris, titled "Lamborghinis Are The Perfect Cars For People Who Can't Drive." In his piece, Harris criticizes many characteristics of the Lamborghini brand. Harris repeatedly expresses concern for Lamborghini, saying their "future is bleak," and that the brand "can't support its looks with adequate [driving] dynamics." Harris also notes several Lamborghini malfunctions; in one case, as he was driving, "the brakes [on the Lamborghini] caught fire." Consequently, Lamborghini ended their relationship with Harris, and Harris has not officially reviewed a Lamborghini since'

Harris was banned from reviewing Ferrari cars on February 2, 2011, after writing an article titled, "How Ferrari Spins." In his article, Harris criticizes Ferrari for trying "to win every test [review] at any cost." As the article goes on, Harris continues to criticize Ferrari as a "profoundly irritating" brand. In addition, Harris explains that an automotive journalist, in his opinion, is forced to please Ferrari with a positive review, in order to maintain a relationship with the brand. Though Harris was technically banned from reviewing Ferrari cars, Harris was still able to unofficially review several Ferraris throughout his ban. In late 2013, Harris and Ferrari reconciled, and Harris has since (officially) reviewed many Ferrari cars.

Hes not exactly liked by two of the biggest supercar manufacturers..

Well personally I haven't watched TG for years - hardly any of the episodes in the previous format (with May and Hammond), because, let's be honest, they were rubbish. The sort of rubbish that lots of people find entertaining, but very little genuinely interesting car-related stuff.

I probably still won't watch it now because I can't really be arsed, and I can get proper car stuff on YT (although I guess not Chris Harris any more!), but if I was going to watch it, it would be because they have good drivers who can articulate their thoughts about a car well. Boring, I know :p

Bo%&$*ks.

Your sarcasm detector is switched to off ;)

Bo%&$*ks.

No I detected that, but saying that, according to the above replies, maybe people do?

well therein lies the inherent problem with topgear - needs to appeal to the widest possible audience, who are far more interested in three idiots larking about. Actual car people want a show about cars.

Me personally, I want an entertainment show, based on cars. if I want a car show, there is loads and loads of youtube content out there to watch, and to be honest once you've seen one car review you've seen them all.

What I really hope is that new top gear isn't scripted for laughs as much as old top gear, that's the thing that really grated about the old show. Hopefully with a large fresh team they wont need to script anything for a good while yet.

Bo%&$*ks.

No I detected that, but saying that, according to the above replies, maybe people do?

We wont get into that debate again :)

It has changed so nothing we can do now, some people think for the better, some for worse, although we now have both, tg and a new clarkson/hammond/may so everyone can be happy :)

Actual car people want a show about cars.

No they dont, hence 5th gear is resigned to some lowly sat channel, car people (us lot mainly) are as boring as f**k, you have obviously never sat at a table of Porsche owners banging on about diff/traction settings etc :)

People are fickle and want the holy grail that suits them :)

I thought the last series of tg had some great car features.

Actual car people want a show about cars.

No they dont, hence 5th gear is resigned to some lowly sat channel, car people (us lot mainly) are as boring as f**k, you have obviously never sat at a table of Porsche owners banging on about diff/traction settings etc :)

I have to agree with this. I haven't found one person yet who's interested in hearing about the benefits of my new 380RS accelerator pedal :lol: