Coilovers

MikeyM

If your not into tracks etc, you probably cant go far wrong with these, having a read about on the net people seem pretty happy with them on places like lancer registry etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coilover-Shock-Absorber-Full-Kit-For-Nissan-Fairlady-Z-350Z-Z33-Infiniti-G35-/161878556062?hash=item25b0b6bd9e:g:M0EAAOSwQoFWOb33

If your not into tracks etc, you probably cant go far wrong with these, having a read about on the net people seem pretty happy with them on places like lancer registry etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coilover-Shock-Absorber-Full-Kit-For-Nissan-Fairlady-Z-350Z-Z33-Infiniti-G35-/161878556062?hash=item25b0b6bd9e:g:M0EAAOSwQoFWOb33

Thanks Jet :-)

I have no doubt a set of Meisters will be better build quality than the above, but, these would have to be pretty shockingly valved/sprung/fluid to turn out to give a worse ride than a non adjustable oem shock imo.

I am firm believer in you get what you pay for when it comes to items quality and its no different to these, reading around though on peoples experiences they seem pretty impressed with their performance, i just doubt they will give you the long term build quality and after sales you get with other more well know brands.

If someone is looking for something at a price point and not too fussed about life span, serious track work, these offer an alternative solution imho.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.u...0EAAOSwQoFWOb33

Racing factory parts uk :thumbdown:

, I find these ebay sellers a bit sneaky, when you look into it they are based in China so I don't fancy anyones chances of getting them repaired or exchanged with ease.

Daisy Li

racing parts factory

CaoDong Road, XuHuiQue, ShangHai

200235 ShangHai, 上海

中國

For peace of mind I would recommend saving a bit more and getting something UK based or you could be walking into a nightmare.

Not worth the risk IMHO so best to avoid.

Cheap ebay Chinese tat.

Buy cheap pay twice.

Just saying.

I will say thats the usual assumption regards chinese parts... however, i did discover a few years back that it was possible to buy everything you needed for a Skyline direcr from China and it was the exact same parts the UK dealers were selling here for more than three, sometimes five times the cost !

I have messaged my mate who used to import it all but he is in Canada at present in the mountains training so may be a while before i get any responce. But he worked out through his chinese gf where to buy quality and where to avoid the real chinese crap stuff :-)

Cheap ebay Chinese tat.

Buy cheap pay twice.

Just saying.

I will say thats the usual assumption regards chinese parts... however, i did discover a few years back that it was possible to buy everything you needed for a Skyline direcr from China and it was the exact same parts the UK dealers were selling here for more than three, sometimes five times the cost !

I have messaged my mate who used to import it all but he is in Canada at present in the mountains training so may be a while before i get any responce. But he worked out through his chinese gf where to buy quality and where to avoid the real chinese crap stuff :-)

Not saying all Chinese stuff is tat, just most including the coil overs that you are considering.

• Like 1

Cheap ebay Chinese tat.

Buy cheap pay twice.

Just saying.

Not saying all Chinese stuff is tat, just most including the coil overs that you are considering.

I know what you mean and very possibly spot on ..

Basically i have some new Kranze alloys so what i have decided is to get arches rolled and get them on the car..step back and take a look at how it sits then. I may just get some springs and lower the car a little rather than buy coilovers.. im ot going to track the car and i live in the countryside so the B roads are unforgiving on a hard ride lol

Im just warey of having the bigger/wider alloys on the car and the stock suspension not keeping them from hitting inner arches.. Im new to Zed ownership and on the learning curve :-)

Knowing your knowledge Alex i would be interested in why you consider them tat, something more detailed would be far more informative, have you had experience with them?

Edited by Jetpilot