HID Fitting Fairlady Z

veilside z

Are you certain your JDM is non-xenon?

It was common for importers to keep the HID Ballasts in place and just bypass them with a couple of wires to use a regular bulb (to get around the lack of headlight washers which is a UK rule for xenon-equipped car).

Remove one of the headlights and see if the ballast is still in place. :thumbs:

Failing that - there's no reason that any generic retrofit kit from ebay cant be used.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy its my son's 2003 Fairlady, i will pass along the info to him and will see, if we can see signs of it by dropping the arch liner, opposed to removing the bumper, as I know these screw directly under the light unit so might see no evidence that way. He has tinted the lights which hasn't helped and although using high beam in instances, still like driving with candles. I have told him it's more about the practicality opposed to the look, and if HID's are the way forward and after fitment still no better off, then to remove the tint. A few members have fitted the smoked aftermarket headlights with DRL's, and wonder if they have experienced any issues? :) :) :)

• Like 1