Toyo Tyres

zebedee!

I've brought a set of secondhand wheels and these tyres came on them the sizes are not what i'm looking for so i'm putting them up for sale and as i don't really know what they are worth i'm looking for offers.

All 4 are Toyo Proxes T1-S

All have approx 6mm of tread

The fronts are 235/35/19 and do have a bit more wear on the inside edge

The rears are 275/30/19

To give some idea The new t1-R's are:

£193 each new for the rear

£141 each new for the fronts

Prices taken from TOYOTYRES.CO.UK - BUY TOYO T1-R, T1-S, CF1, R888, R1R, PROXES S/T AND OTHER TOYO TYRES ONLINE - DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!

Please send offers via p.m.

Thanks

Simon :)

After doing a lot of research & calculating rolling radius differences etc it seemed all would be fine in going 245/40 upfront & not 245/35 as usually done with 19"s. And in fact has been i.e. no excessive TCS light comming on & speedo is more accurate now & not approx 4 mph over reading but 1mph (as teste dwith GPS speedo). Advantages of higher 40 profile instead of 35 IMO is better ride comfort especially as heavy engine if right above & better sidewall flex on harder corners. Ideal size up front would have been 235/40/19 & not 245/40/19, but difficult to get in that size & a lot more expensive

After doing a lot of research & calculating rolling radius differences etc it seemed all would be fine in going 245/40 upfront & not 245/35 as usually done with 19"s. And in fact has been i.e. no excessive TCS light comming on & speedo is more accurate now & not approx 4 mph over reading but 1mph (as teste dwith GPS speedo). Advantages of higher 40 profile instead of 35 IMO is better ride comfort especially as heavy engine if right above & better sidewall flex on harder corners. Ideal size up front would have been 235/40/19 & not 245/40/19, but difficult to get in that size & a lot more expensive

B) just wondering as i'm in the market for some new fronts - hardly anyone stocks 245/35/19 :headhurt:

antera 343 19" currently running p-zero's 245/35/19 - 285/35/19

not sure of the wheels sizes though, they were on the car when i bought it

recently had two rears - need new front tyres now, i have been offered falkens, toyo tr1's (weird the 245 toyos were cheaper than 235 ? )

With your current setup, the front to rear diff of rolling radius is +4.28%

The standard front to rear diff is +2.63%

So you'v currently increased front to rear rolling radius diff from stock by 1.65%

With 245/40/19 up front & 285/35/19 at back, front to rear rolling radius diff is +0.52%

So you'v decresed the front to back rolling radius diff from stock by 2.11%

With the new setup (245/40/19) you'l not really change the front to back diff of tyres sizes much, only by 2.11%, whereas currently your diff is 2.63% from stock

The only issue which may cause a problem with TCS (But has not with me at all) is when you look at change in front wheel rolling radius on its own as compared to stock front wheel rolling radius:

By going from stock 225/45/18 to 245/40/19 you are increasing rolling radius on front only by +2.86% . This I thought may play a part in causing TCS to kick off unnecesarily but I took a risk & it has not at all changed the character of TCS. Thats why I think on paper 235/45/19 could have been better as diff would only have been +1.65%

Overall IMO you will be fine on 245/40/19 up front as I have for the last 8 months or so :D

Sorry to take this topic slightly off course ! :blush: