Brake fluid

Spatt

thanks guys, mines probably overdue i think 12 months since last change. Disks and pads are being done in the next month or two so assume would be an ideal opportunity.

off topic but brake fluid every 6 months common for performance cars? only reason i ask is a friend has a merc C 63 amg and he says brake not the same after 12 months... could be something else tho.

thanks again

changing the brake fluid after every trackday?!? that's a bit keen! they only reason you change it is because it absorbs water which lowers the boiling point, and its not going to absorb that much water in a day.

if you do actually manage to boil the fluid then maybe get it changed, but in 3 years of trackdays we've never boiled ATE superblue fluid.

Just had a quick Google, as the idea of a colour change to help identify when the new fluid reaches the caliper being bled sounds useful, and it would appear that the ATE typ200 which has replaced the Superblue is now amber in colour to satisfy the type approval or whatever. So do you guys who say you are using it have old stock of the Blue, or do you buy it somewhere else?

Shame, seemed like a good idea but I've missed the boat. Always seem to end up running far too much new fluid through, just to be sure. Would have been nice to have an easy way of seeing it. Obviously if it's old and dirty you get a better idea, but I never let it get that bad. Every two years.