Tyre Pressures

Thelongads

checked my tyres the other day, admittedly 1st time since buying it (3 weeks ago) and all tyres were running at 25 psi :blush:

after getting over the fact i was stupid not to check them sooner, i pumped then up to 35psi all round - noticed the much firmer ride :p and the fact the CD skips more :rant: although hoping it may improve my cr4p MPG.

anyways, just wondered if anyone runs any different pressures, particularly as its so damm wet and icy at the moment ??

I'm on std bridgestone tyres

Ads

On 19"s I run 35 or 36 all round.

The lower the profile the more psi needed.

Other way round bud. Normally for each additional inch of wheel size you drop the pressure one or two PSI. Otherwise you are making the ride harder and giving the tyre less movement in the wall.

No its not!

THe lower the profile the psi increases, you need to increase tire pressures to compensate for the lower load carrying capacity.

The logic TSW gave me was that with a bigger rim you dropped it to compensate. Metal being harder than a tyre wall being the reason. :wacko:

Makes no odds to me, am rolling on the classic Rays at the mo anyway! :)