Getting my head round the Zed.

jjdugen

As detailed in my first post, I'm a newbie to the Z so still getting used to it. Given its weight, it feels quite remarkably agile, almost as good as a the Clio sport, but on humongous amounts of steroids! As also detailed, I buy a car for my twice a year trips to the Mosel Valley and the close by Nurburgring.

So, as I see quite a few of you visit the 'ring, can you tell me what improvements / mods you do, if any, to make it 'ring suitable. Next trip is May 2016 so plenty of time to sort things out.

I'll be fitting new tyres to it, naturally, but don't want to mess with ride height or anything that makes it harsher, the trip down and a week of touring is just as much a part of the fun. Oh, and I don't have a lottery win to fund it either!

Just one other point. I noticed a few mentions of rust on these, especially wheel arches. Inspected mine. I must have pulled a pound of muddy dirt from the inside lips on the rear, and that after giving it all a good power wash. Now its clean and dry, I'll be coating that area in sealant as thick as I can get it!

Last point. I've studied the hand brake adjust threads but I'm a bit stumped. I have a cubby with a sliding lid right next to the brake lever and a larger push lid cubby behind that. I can't seem to move either of the inner boxes to get to the adjuster, neither have cup holders. So, how do you get the inner boxes out without damage?

Cheers

• Like 1

Tyres and brakes for the Ring. MPSS obviously for the tyres, then just something sensible for the brakes like DS2500 pads, stainless brake lines and RBF600 fluid.

CG Lock would also be of massive benefit. And a knowledge that you're not insured, too! :lol:

If I make it sound as if I'm some kind of male Sabine, far from it, if I get close to sub 12 minutes I'm a happy bunny. I might add, the reason for the Clio and now the Z is that, for their respective monies they are incredibly good value performance cars.

Just for the record, I've been riding stupid fast motorcycles since 1965, had more than my share of decent enough cars, done most of the hairy chested things..... but the 'ring....... Its the only place that genuinely gives me the willies. Each completed lap is like a victory. Even when you think you have finally found your way around it, it will catch you out. Nowhere and nothing else to compare it too.

Still need some info on getting to the damn handbrake adjuster..............

Cheers