BMW Z4 / Z4M Coupe

grahamc

Anyone on here owned one? Have experience with them?

Saw one at Thruxton yesterday, soundded lovely and looked well settled on track. Very tempted to consider one as a full on track car....

Oddly I normally dont like BMWs, but this one has really caught my eye and I was very impressed with their showing at N24 race awhile back (although, obviously not just a road car :))

Thanks

Not an m but my brother in law has the coupe 3L .... Completely standard and have to say it handles amazing . Better than my zed with spring/ shocks/ Arb set up . And for only 265 bhp is pretty rapid too. It's a great little car , really highlighted to me the zed is a GT car not a sports car .

Its not monsterously powerful, but its a good engine. Just looking for something a little faster than the MX5, but still tempted to SC it and maybe consider something like the Z4 after a year of SCd MX5

I watched a Z4M tear it up at Croft in the rain against some extremely rapid cars, a couple of 911s and an M3 amongst them.

I think the one I saw was only th 3l but it still sat very well in the corners, but wasnt the fastest on the straight. The M could be rather entertaining.....

I expect the m is a bit quicker on track as it does have an extra 80bhp ... On the road I'm not sure there would be a huge difference between the 3L and M . Also you can pick a nice 3L coupe up for less than 8k . My bro bought his for 7800 with 70k and fsh. Great cat for the money and would easily keep up / beat a standard zed even though it has less power due to its weight advantage .