streaming music ?

GIXXERUK

Philips SLA5520 Wireless Music Streamer is pretty good, and it works on my mac too, get all the radio internet stations including all the foreign ones, in WMA,WMA-DRM and MP3 formats, dont even need the computer for the radio stations. Menu selection is not quite but not far off from the apple layout ipod and the sound is pretty good for what it is

:thumbs:

cheers jay, i've read that the software is pants and to run it through media connect, i've got about a terabyte of mp3's , so i want to use them :blush: and the basic streamers are cheap :teeth:

`hmm, when i get home Ill check up on it and see if I can record sound quality and viewing files for you, ill pm you a visual. I have a lot of music and it seems to stream them pretty well :thumbs:

thinking of buying either Philips SLA5520 Wireless Music Streamer or Pinnacle Soundbridge Homemusic

anyone got any advice or have experience on whats best ? or avoided ?

cheers

paul :thumbs:

just want to access music on my pc from my hi fi downstairs :blush:

Gixxeruk

I have a Roku Soundbridge M1000 wireless network music player sitting in my front room doing nothing (I've now got a PS3 and use that instead).

It's got built-in wireless card and picks up Windows Media Centre on the PC and links to your amp via phono cables. Sound quality is excellent and was voted What Hi-Fi best wireless streamer some years ago. Reasonable dot matrix display lists what you're playing etc and it has a remote to scroll through everyhting.

If you're interested let me know?

Cost me £171.44 2 years ago, but we could discuss price etc if you are interested. May be you could borrow it and test it for yourself to see if it does what you want if you pay the postage?

Pardon my ignorance, but do these devices pick up the signals from a wireless broadband transmitter such as the BT Hub?

yes mate, they link to a line in on any device and you can play your music that is on your pc

Lincolnbaggie the phillips oojar is only £40 so i wouldnt insult you with an offer but many thanks :thumbs: