tyres on the web

GIXXERUK

how many people buy tyres off the web ? my concern is that if there is something wrong with them the fitters will wash their hands of them

but to buy from a fitter you pay a premium - is it worth the risk ?

i bought a set of khans complete with toyo's and i had a nightmare trying to get them balanced- it ended up being eggshaped tyres :scare:

so do people feel its worth the risk ?

i need some 245/35/19

how many people buy tyres off the web ? my concern is that if there is something wrong with them the fitters will wash their hands of them

i bought a set of khans complete with toyo's and i had a nightmare trying to get them balanced- it ended up being eggshaped tyres :scare:

i need some 245/35/19

Speak to Brian at Camskill and mention our name he will do you a good deal 01946518202

i need some 245/35/19

Speak to Brian at Camskill and mention our name he will do you a good deal 01946518202

cheers phil, much appreciated :thumbs:

i ride a bike, so i've always appreciated how important tyres are :scare:

tbh, a lot of the balancing issues come down to how the tyres are fitted. With Kahn's and Toyo's you really shouldn't be having too many problems but sometimes you do get a bad batch!!

For peoples information, there is a yellow dot on the tyre sidewall and this should be in line with the valve. By doing this, you will minimize the amount of weights needed on the wheel. A lot of places won't do this and therefore you end up with a lot more weights than are actually needed. :)

ebay is always a risk if you ask me...simply look at the other post on here about the Wii!! I'd always go with a reputable company, even if it does work out slightly more expensive. If you do buy off the net, you should ALWAYS check that the tyres are marked as approved for British roads otherwise in case of an accident, things could go sour very quickly as far as insurance goes!!