HELP - swapped plenum and now idle issue...

THUNDERZED

Hi All,

So what have I done....

I have had a beautiful polished plenum from Mark for ages and just got round to fitting it today.

I took my time swapped it all over and updated the bolts from the group buy also.

The car pulls normal but seems to want to idle low and you can see revs drop to around 500/750 rpm then up a little and the oil gauge also dropping below the last marker as if it wants to stall.

When i swapped it I disconnected the battery but have been out for drive to get some time to see if this cures it but has not. I have not code error reader also

Any ideas, my exhaust is being swapped tomorrow as blowing a little but it ran fine before I did the swap and car was perfect.

I took real care when swapping and but a bag under the plenum to stop (of course removed it carefully) any dust getting in and have have checked all the bolts which seem tight.

Car is totally standard, 2006 REV up facelift. The plenum has a different code on it but understand that is just casting

I really hope I have not wrecked something and would like to cure this evening before it goes to the garage or will ask them to look at it...

I can't hear any funny noises...

All help appreciated :(

check you have put all hoses back and they are on tight and havent popped off, also check the rubber sill around the oil filler cap to see if its trapped between the plenum, other than that retrace your steps and makes sure you havent missed anything

^^ ah beat me to it

Edited by jumping350

Hi mate, just recheck yourself through it all I've done more than 20 myself and never had this problem but it does seem to crop up from time to time, make sure the Maff is clicked into place properly and the throttle body, also check the pipe is connected under the induction pipe :thumbs: