Gudzy's GT86

Gudzy

Some of you may have noticed my for sale thread go up a couple of days ago here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101224-2004-350z-modified-silver-black-gt-72k-miles/

Here is a quick picture of my 350z's replacement, a Toyota GT86:

IMG_20150821_175322NoReg_zpss70ezl8i.jpg

My plans at the moment are just to fit the exhaust parts that came with it and enjoy it for a bit but ultimately I'd like to get a sprintex supercharger installed.

The eagle eyed amongst you might have also noticed an Infiniti G37 in the background. That's my dad's new car which he ended up buying on the same day that I picked up my GT86 for the exact same price which is quite a coincidence. So at least I will get to hear a Nissan V6 every now and then still and can have an excuse for coming to meets!

• Like 6

Very nice :)

How does it compare to the Z?

the GT86/BRZ will probably be my next car

Interesting, can't wait to see what you do with that! I beleive I've seen a 2JZ conversion has been done on one...

It's quite a different car to the zed as there is a definite lack of torque until 4.5k whereas I find the zed is happier at lower revs, so its a different style of driving. Hopefully the exhaust parts I've got and a remap will help raise the torque dip but ultimately it probably needs some form of forced induction to compare with a zed in a straight line. I've not got to drive the GT86 in anger much yet as its as low as it will go on the tein suspension and is missing the front drop links as the standard ones were too long so I'll get those fitted (and the suspension raised a bit) before I do too much spirited driving. Handling is good from what I can tell, mine is on 18" BBS wheels with Vredstein Sessanta tryes rather than the low grip Michelin's that come with it from standard.

Edited by Gudzy
  • Like 1

Very nice :)

How does it compare to the Z?

the GT86/BRZ will probably be my next car

Interesting, can't wait to see what you do with that! I beleive I've seen a 2JZ conversion has been done on one...

It's quite a different car to the zed as there is a definite lack of torque until 4.5k whereas I find the zed is happier at lower revs, so its a different style of driving. Hopefully the exhaust parts I've got and a remap will help smooth out the torque curve but ultimately it probably needs some form of forced induction to compare with a zed in a straight line. I've not got to drive the GT86 in anger much yet as its as low as it will go on the tein suspension and is missing the front drop links as the standard ones were too long so I'll get those fitted (and the suspension raised a bit) before I do too much spirited driving. Handling is good from what I can tell, mine is on 18" BBS wheels with Vredstein Sessanta tryes rather than the low grip Michelin's that come with it from standard.

I wont be doing much other than basic mods to it :) Its going to my only car once I get one so will be keeping it sensible - besides, im fed up of big projects now - I just want to go back to simple things :)

I believe the previous owner had plans to fit a rocket bunny kit. The genuine kit is very expensive and requires cutting of the panels so it can't be removed, I've got no plans for any body kits at the moment but I'll likely have the roof and maybe boot wrapped black.

Edited by Gudzy

I believe the previous owner had plans to fit a rocket bunny kit. The genuine kit is very expensive and requires cutting of the panels so it can't be removed, I've got no plans for any body kits at the moment but I'll likely have the roof and maybe boot wrapped black.

Yeah your right on the arches, no going back

We do one here thats a good fit and fairly cheap

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=902138c3-6c15-452c-bba6-827f71cb17b5

I went for the Stillen kit, less work and looks pretty mint.

_28A8762_zps0a01933a.jpg

_28A8821_zps53579041.jpg

_28A8818_zpsaf653c0b.jpg

_28A8811_zpsfb474b61.jpg

_28A8810_zpsfc6fa8a4.jpg

_28A8806_zps257d5eac.jpg

_28A8787_zps7273a1a6.jpg

_28A8781_zpsb8e5a509.jpg

_28A8775_zps19be10b8.jpg

_28A8759_zps14a968c1.jpg

_28A8751_zpsa4b70042.jpg

_28A8746_zpsc9b1c220.jpg