SATNAV CUBBY

Mikevv

Hi guys, I recently got my Z and being stubborn and naive, I thought I could just fit a 5" satnav into my cubby. Completely forgot about the fact that the door would then have to remain open, and irritate the hell out of me when I drive. I'm looking at either getting a new cubby that I can mount an aftermarket satnav into, like a 5" satnav ( the one I found is 14 x 8.9 x 1,8 cm so that fits snug-ish ) or a way to remove the door.

What would be my better option? Find a way to remove the door, or just buy a new cubby?

I'm on a tight budget right now so whichever is going to look stock and not make my wallet cry would be good. If I have to wait to afford the better option then so be it.

On a side note, anyone have any experience with the Garming 2599 ?

The door is easily removed, you dont have to find a way, pull the centre consul out and undo the screws, but then it wont look stock. Why not just replace the shitty bose with a all in one double

din unit with sat nav. Improve the sound, improve the looks and keep the cubby.

The door is easily removed, you dont have to find a way, pull the centre consul out and undo the screws, but then it wont look stock. Why not just replace the shitty bose with a all in one double

din unit with sat nav. Improve the sound, improve the looks and keep the cubby.

I was hoping it was easier than that, but I guess I'll take the whole thing apart later when I wake up ( I work nights )

As for the double din unit idea, I had a look, and they're nearing the £500 mark for a suitable all in unit of a known brand, which is a bit heavy for just essentially Nav. So for now, I'm sticking with the Bose as it also has bluetooth calling :D When that breaks, I'll look into a double din unit and give the aftermarket nav I'm fitting soon to the girlfriend :p