-
Posts
1,389 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by djtimo
-
Megan wing test, Just a quick go pro edit to see if the wing was moving about under load No movement tested to just over 100 leptons...
-
Hey guys just a quick question some one may have the same problem. I have a JWT clutch and fly but I've developed a annoying squeak when the clutch pedal is depressing. Any ideas if this is common and an easy fix? Might lube the pedal and slave cylinder?? Thanks
-
Any news on these?
-
Thanks guys! Still needs tweaking but I'm pleased! Few more wing pic's. Hole sawed sections still need a tidy up Another shot Carbon patches used to cover holes left by OEM spoiler.
-
Got the beast MOT'ed today! And under it! Need to get my a** in gear and get the rear end off this winter for poly bushing and powder coating! And Im glad to say he passed with flying colours!!! Now for the fun bit! Made a start mocking up the uprights again. Mocked up on the car (Looks badass! LOL) and used my phone for a digital level, 12 degrees out the legs are.. Bent the legs in a vice using a lot of brute force. Measured and measured again before this bit! Scary! No turning back.. I've used a 32mm hole saw on the inner skin as the boot is made up of 3 skins, thin outer, thicker inner, thin under. The upper two skins are very close and almost touch, the lower inner skin has a large gap and would crush/deform as you bolt the wing down tight IMHO. Ill throw some more pics up when I get them And its on! Its com in off again next week as I have longer rear bolts to go in and some 1.5mm rubber sheet to replace the white foam that comes with the wing.
-
Mega work for minimal gain if you OEM every where else IMO. Ive just done full front poly kit and the car does feel better but Im on KW V3's with roll bars etc..
-
New legs would be the best bet but a hassle as need to make patterns for them in wood for the machine shop to copy. I may look at nylon or alu curved spacers to match the boot lid and then have some extensions made to get the wing a few inches higher with some more adjustment,
-
Need some ideas on which way to go with this? I have made a start with fitting the GT wing but have a few options I need to look at to get it fitted. Option one is have some spacers made to fit the curve of the boot lid, option two is to have full new legs made, option 3 is have the legs bent slightly to allow the mounts to sit right? What do you guys think? Few pics... See what I mean? Any other ideas very welcome
-
Need some ideas on which way to go with this? I have made a start with fitting the GT wing but have a few options I need to look at to get it fitted. Option one is have some spacers made to fit the curve of the boot lid, option two is to have full new legs made, option 3 is have the legs bent slightly to allow the mounts to sit right? What do you guys think? Few pics... See what I mean? Any other ideas very welcome
-
Little ruff edit from what was an awesome weekend at the park life festival Filmed on my GoPro 3 and samsung galaxy note 3 as my go pro card became corrupted Thanks for watching
-
The BGW needs quite a bit if of work to fit IMO. I want it far back as possible so i need to make some spacers to match the feet to the curve of the boot lid. Gonna MOT it first and sort the wing next week.
-
Work complete! Back in the garage waiting for his MOT. I could not help myself drive up and down the street just to check for any funny sounds etc, which I'm glad to say there wasn't. The front end felt TIGHT! Ive not driven the zed for a while but the front felt like it had no play in it at all which is nice!
-
Nearly there!!! Picked up some nice fresh 10W-60 Mobil 1 performance oil to treat the zed to after the oil had been sitting for a while. Finished pinning all the ball joint nuts and added the break line clips. Cleaned the break callipers and inside the wheels ready to refit! Quick oil change! (old filter was PITA to remove and had to be stabbed a few times to get it lose) Back on the ground after a epic front suspension overhaul! Now for the alignment and MOT!
-
I got mine off with a plastic scraper and goo gone gel spray. Then a final wipe down with a clean cloth and meths. Took a few hours mind you
-
More work on the beast! Picked up a new torque wrench to help me do the wheel arch stuff. Torquing up the ball joints.. Drivers side fully built! Threads on the break callipers needed retapping out but Its built! Only thing left is to fit the break line clips. Needs a good clean up now! More work tomorrow!
-
Machine polished the boot lid this afternoon. Still not perfect as you can see the line where the lip has come off. This may be due to sun bleaching the paint around it? Built up my GT wing. Little bigger than the OEM lip but still a little small for my liking hahaha... Nice thick wing end plates..
-
Little more work on the zed today before nights. Made a start on prep to fit the GT wing by removing the old lip spoiler. Before.... During... I used a towel to help and fishing line to cut the 3M tape. Residue left behind! Really hard to remove! After... Still needs a run over with meg's ultimate compound and the last body plug removing but nearly there!
-
More work on the zed tonight after 12 hour graft in work LOL... Hubs back in both sides! Compression arms back in both sides. That meant i could refit the chassis brace! Main problem I have now is the nuts I picked up from a fastener shop have a different thread to the upper A arms! I took a nut for them to match the thread to so Im a little p****d. The other main thing is ALL THE BOLTS ARE LOSE! LOL... I need to torque them all up and I think torquing the ball joints may be a pain.
-
More work tonight after my 12 hour day shift Left shock and lower arm in This allowed me to refit my strut brace. Driver side wheel arch liner back in. Starting to look better Clear coated my hub carriers. More soon!
-
I have my wing now!! Anyone other than grundy fitted there's yet??
-
More work on the suspension saga! Under arch after a few coats of hamerite "straight to rust" Im hoping this will add a little more protection to the steel. Finally mad a start on the hub carriers.... Pin the a** to clean so I did a best I could with out splitting them and shot blasting. Cleaned both sides of the arches. WooHoo! Finally started on the rebuild! Picked up the chassis brace from the powder coaters. This should last better now its coated.
-
Prepped the wheel arches for paint now Scrubbed and wire brushed as best as possible. Going to go for a coat of hammerite sliver "straight to rust" tomorrow
-
THIS WAS TODAYS WORK GUYS! 26/05/2014 I know mate! The thing for me is Im looking to keep the zed indefinitely so Im not rushed with jobs as in my eyes each year that passes makes the zed more rare as most end up dead Also I enjoy building and working on it so I am enjoying it even if its not the driving part! Little more work today. I've clear coated the arms but no pics as they look the same but now shiny LOL.. Made a start on the wheel arches Arch liners removed. Shocks out Im amazed at how good condition the KW's are in! Quick wipe down with WD40 and the look new (Apart from some minor rush on the springs) I have seen the state of cheap coil overs after just a year and there have welded them selves solid and we could not move the spring perch! More tomorrow
-
Started the painting of the arms between rain showers today! Not exactly a pro spray booth but seems to work ok All arms coated with etch primer. Gunmetal topcoat going on. Started to rain so I've got the arms in the garage to cure now for 24 hours. Clear coat on tomorrow if its now raining And a quick pic of the new GT WANG (AKA...BGW) thats soon to be fitted Cheers