-
Posts
27,445 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by martinmac
-
I used to do at fair bit of sea and course fishing when I had the time. We also used to fish from the cargo ships when anchored around the world. This was pretty exciting as we never knew what to expect. I have caught tuna, sharks and all sorts of things. The best fishing ever was in the Falklands though. lots of lovely sea trout. We used to have to spin for them though as its generally too windy for flies. The only other fish down there were grey mullet which we also caught on spinners which surprised me. The one big problem with fishing down there is getting through the minefields to get to the rivers. Helicopters and landing craft do come in handy though.
-
Drop me a pm with what you want and I will point you in the right direction. There is pretty much everything here.There is plenty to do in the area so the kids will be worn out by the end of the day.
-
I will put the Chemist on standby.
-
Many Happy Returns mate, have a great day.
-
The Show and shine is just a generic name, a friend who is a motoring journalist does the judging and he has a free choice just to pick which cars he likes for whatever reason. The big news is the THE SCAFFOLDING HAS GONE :yahoo: The pub now looks even better. The pub will provide breakfast each day, bar snacks throughout the day and the usual high quality evening meals. Please remember, if you want to eat at the pub please book well in advance, it gets very busy. I will post up sample menus nearer the time. Have a look on tripadvisor in the meantime. The hog roast will be around 7pm on Saturday. There is plenty but dont wait too long, I dont put any limits on repeat servings.
-
That would be great, there will be a few 300s there.
-
Dont say I dont give you enough notice. A NW meet in your own area. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77871-lakez-2014-27th-28th-29th-june/
-
That must be a record, I have lost count.
-
New Member Aberdeen / Teesside
martinmac replied to AaronC350z's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I am supposed to be based in Aberdeen if I ever get finished messing about with the new Forth Bridge. I will get a meet sorted out on the boat at Commercial Quay when things settle down. -
For anyone looking for accom. just pm me roughly what you want. There are lots of rental cottages, pubs, B&Bs, country house hotels. Michelin star restaurant/hotels, anything really. I can get cheaper rates for some. Heres an example to start you off. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Search?q=cark+in+cartmel&geo=&pid=3825&returnTo=http%253A__2F____2F__www__2E__tripadvisor__2E__co__2E__uk__2F__#ssrc=v,o=0,c=global For this selection I have put in Cartmel as a search, thats two miles away. Do a search to get distances to the Rose and Crown. We have plenty of Taxis but they need to be booked well in advance. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g499539-Cartmel_Lake_District_Cumbria_England-Hotels.html http://www.cartmelvillage.com/accomodation.html
-
There is no deadline at the moment but we have forked out for the tickets and track time so sooner rather than later please, I have Christmas shopping to do. Also once you have paid you are guaranteed the ticket, they are going fast.
-
Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017
martinmac replied to flyboy's topic in Member Traders
Any time mate. I am away but Liz is home. -
I shall reserve your seat by the fire.
-
Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017
martinmac replied to flyboy's topic in Member Traders
Are these going to be available at LakeZ next year, if you attend selling them you get a free jacket. -
There have been a fair few major maritime disasters recently and when they are reported the owners, charterers, environmentalists and governments roll out a never ending line of experts to argue that it wasnt their fault. Sometimes its nice to see that its possible to have a down to earth, frank and open discussion on these events.
-
Once is bad enough. Very dangerous things too are these ducks.
-
I Love my job, well most of the time anyway. I am lucky to get paid for playing with big toys and I guess the job comes with a little Kudos. Sometimes there is a picture which really makes me feel sorry for a colleague though. :lol:
-
There is nobody tougher in sport than....
martinmac replied to Beavis's topic in Off Topic Discussion
He is certainly a class act. I got a treble on him at Cartmel last year, two favorites and a real long odds outsider. Many years ago used to attend Cartmel with a big group of locals. One mate had a lad called Zak whou would have been about six at the time. His father didnt like McCoy and every time he fell on TV they both shouted " On the deck McCoy". Fine in the safety of your living room. We were near the top fence in the paddock, Zak was on another friends shoulder, right next to the rail. McCoy had a shocking fall and stuffed into the ground really badly. The whole crowd made the usual sympathetic noises apart from one little voice. From about ten feet away.... On the deck McCoy. My mate was a little embarrassed and shuffled of shouting " Hes not mine...... honest" -
1. Marzman (1x Ticket + 1x Track Session) 2. Grundy225 (1x Ticket + Possible Track time) 3. 350Ad (1x Ticket + 1x Track Session) 4. Firemansim [ 1x Ticket] 5. Mike46 (1x Ticket) 6. HAMLNJ (1x Ticket) 7. Buster (2 peeps and one track please) 9. Keyser (2 x Tickets and one track please) 10.Mr Hollowpoint (1x ticket +1xtrack session) PAID 11.Mrs Hollowpoint (1x ticket +1xtrack session) PAID 12. Will370z (1 x Ticket) 13. andy james ( X2 tickets and 2 track sessions )
-
I only act 18 most of the time so no sweat.
-
First band booked Pink as Floyd, a fantastic tribute band. Before Pink As Floyd take the stage I am delighted to announce that Midge Ure will be doing a 75 minute acoustic set. You can expect some of his massive hits such as Vienna, Fade to Grey, No regrets and Dancing woth tears in my eyes. Just so you can put it in your calendars, I will be booking this for the weekend of 28th June. Any Traders wishing to attebnd this event, you are more than welcome. There is no charge. Even if you dont want to bring any stock along just enjoy the weekend and meet the owners. The format seems to be getting there now so it will be generally the same as for 2013. Just a few tweaks so far. Friday will be meet and greet with entertainment in the pub.On Saturday there will be a drive out. There is again the option of taking the Steam Train and steamer around the lake, a nice chilled option. Anyone wanting to skydive please let me know early so I can get it booked up, they get very busy. Saturday night we will be in the hall. The pub will be laying on a BBQ.. I am looking at two bands on the Saturday night and with a lot of luck may have something a little special lined up. The Rose and Crown will be providing the bare for Saturday. It will be to the same high standard but this time we have come up with a slight change which will keep the prices even lower. Instead of draught beer they will be selling bottled beer. This enables them to sell a pint for about 30% less and give a lot wider range of options. The pub will also be selling breakfast each day. Sunday will be the show and shine judging. If anyone wants to do anything else, go karting, horse riding, fishing, pretty much anything really then let me know and I will see what I can do. Camping will again be free, entry on the Saturday night will be free, the hog roast will be free. All I ask is that you support the raffle to save me having to sell organs. I will be posting up more info as things are confirmed. In the meantime if you have any questions please ask. No need to confirm names, just turn up. There is a massive range of accommodation locally including several rental houses which work out very cheap if you can get a group together. This is a social weekend so turn up in whatever vehicle you like. There is also a train station about 300m away. To see what attractions are nearby this is the pub we are based at, just use the postcode and google local attractions. http://rosecrowncark...ery.com/our-pub ANYONE WITH A LOWERED CAR WHO INTENDS TO ATTEND PM ME, AVOID COMING IN THROUGH GRANGE OVER SANDS. For lowered cars I suggest you stay on the A590 until you get to the turn off for the Anglers Arms. LA12 8AJ Incidentally this is right opposite the Stema railway. Leave the Anglers arms to your right and continue through the village. Take the first left at the first junction and fillow this road until you see the Rose and Crown right ahead of you. LA11 7NU. You will see the banners and flags. Take the left fork at the pub and about 60 metres along you will see the village hall to your left. When driving down the road from the Anglers arms please remember that we have dry stone walls, tourist seem to like to hit these so keep an eye out for rocks by the side of the road. Road rage induced by the finger from the driver of a german car so my fault. Its also a floating road so undulates a bit. I ground out when driving at the national speed limit. We have rented 30 tables plus chairs at the hall for outside use so dont bring your own unless you really want to. Supporting the raffle on the Saturday night will help to fund the weekend so please buy lots of tickets. There are some great prizes. During the Midge gig please have enough drinks for an hour and limit chat and movement. The sound desk will be in the middle of the room and his techs need to hear the sound.
-
First post updated with cost and payment details.
-
Many happy returns mate, maybe I should just give you a 24 hour ban if its JD time.
-
Old newbie
martinmac replied to Hoverchamp@btinternet.com's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Hi Tony and welcome to the forum. -
The answer to this is yes, there will be a good break between the two. Wales isnt my baby so I am not going to be giving anything away.