Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. Pop up to LakeZ and you can get a signed cd in the raffle.
  2. I saw Simple Minds at Maine Road with the Stranglers backing about 20 years ago, what a night. I must get Midge to pop up and do a gig sometime.
  3. Its amazing to see what he has done over the years, guitarist with Thin Lizzy and Fade to Gray for example. There is someone who has posted on this thread who has a guitar signed by him that I am after too. I have tickets to see Simple Minds at the MEN with Ultravox supporting, bought them the first day they were available and as usual I am at work.
  4. He is a nice guy and we see him quite a lot to say the least.
  5. I can thoroughly recommend each place we have stayed, its taken a while but we now have a great range of pubs and hotels down here. I think my next holiday may be in Holland though, my legs are killing me.
  6. Thats one of the reasons I love it down here, the sea bass was fantastic too.
  7. Dont get many chances for a holiday now but when I do I go for it. This is becoming a little like tripadvisor. Probably the best food I have had all week though.
  8. martinmac

    Forum logo

    Drop a pm to M13KYF and he will sort you out.
  9. Drop me a pm mate, not promising anything but I will have a look at it.
  10. Hi and welcome to the forum. I must say that I am suprised I dont know the car, thought I pretty much knew all the zeds in Cumbria.
  11. One more to come tomorrow night which is pretty straightforward and then it pm time.
  12. So here is todays clue. We stopped off at Dartmouth for a stroll and then drove 15 miles up the river to this place. The weather is again playing the game so its a few drinks and some nice food on the terrace. The question is whats happening at the pub this weekend.
  13. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  14. That was touch and go, she has just come back over again and the hotel had God save the Queen by the sex pistols blasting out on the terrace.
  15. I think she is stalking me, she turned up at St Ives this morning too.
  16. I will give you tomorrows clue today as from memory I wont have good internet there. The name of the village is Cornish for fortified dwelling. Daphne du Maurier wrote many early novels here. We will be getting actross the river and staying at the first hotel we get to which has an appropriate name. The specials menu looks pretty good so it will be scallops again but what is the sauce made from.
  17. Even Lexx could drive that.
  18. Its a hotel mate, right across the water from the Island. One additional clue, the name has something to do with a Tursiops truncatus,
  19. How cool is this, I want one. I was wondering how her majesty was going to get out to the island for lunch. What a great piece of kit.
  20. After a bit of a late finish last night we are having a chill out day. This is partly due to the fact that the Queen is popping down for lunch here. Not much point in trying to go anywhere as most of the roads are closed. Looks like we will be sitting in the sunshine on our balcony with a spectacular view. Todays question is...... where are we staying, its the hotels name I am after. This is a picture from our balcony.
  21. If I was .... a quiz writer, I would write a quiz you could do. :p
  22. Laughing, with tears in my eyes.
  23. Another little update, this time the raffle. I try to find prizes which are a little different soo this year, apart from a few items of local produce including the world famous Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding there will be a few specials. A guy I am seeing in concert tonight has kindly donated a signed cd, I cant post his name as its part of the competition I am running at the moment. Next Friday I am lucky enough to be going to see the kegend that is Terry Reid, he is doing a gig at a friends house which is pretty amazing. Hes on a UK tour and has a free night so this is something a little speacial He has agreed to donate a signed cd. There is also a vintage bottle of malt whisky in a presentation jug. It was vintage when it was bought in 1971 so is worth a few quid now.
  24. And for the yunger members, ask an older relative.
×
×
  • Create New...