-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Congestion Charge - Car not recognised
Chris`I replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Off Topic Discussion
askMID shows the right details, so you're on the insurance database correctly. I would contact TFL and DVLA as the plate is registered to you and your home address - you will be liable to pay - only you cant because of their system. I would do it sharpish as they could fine you I guess. -
Its all about congestion and out old infrastructures. These countries that are touting new high speed internet or phone speeds are because its much easier to roll out new tech somewhere that doesnt have an infrastructure already. You can put in spanking new kit and it will be super fast from the off. When you look in this country though, the congestion on that new kit would slow it down immediately. BT need to give up on copper pair wire and get fibre everywhere and they know it. First with Fibre to the Cab (FTTC or BT Infinity) which will be widespread and they are also trialing Fibre to the Premesis (FTTP) which will be even quicker. Just think about how many phone lines they would need to replace to do that though Mobile operators are largely limited by the frequencies they can use - again with the advent of 4G - this will open up opportunites - but with such a high user base, the cells will still be overwhelmed and not give the theoretical max speeds.
-
That one has to work
-
Dont know the achitecture of the ipad/iphone massively well, but I'm sure the graphics processing will be done on a dedicated chip rather than the A5 processor? In theory you are right, they could make it all more powerful - but that will drain the battery quicker and produce more heat which would have to be managed. At over full HD res, you'd have to ask why. I think they will aim for full 1080 HD res next so they can support movies. It wasnt long ago that PCs struggled to handle that res
-
Should have also mentioned you'll need an IDC punch to swap the cabling over from the original master socket to the new one - dead easy though - http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catal ... ucts_id=93. I think Maplin do them too
-
The only thing i can see being improved is the rentiner display on the 3. I would seriously recommend (if you can) buy a 3G model and then get a rolling contract. I have a 3 sim and fair play, it's awesome. Almost always have 3G and for £15 a month, I get 10gb of data! I imagine that some kind of retina display will be next up. The problem with that is it would make it well over full HD resolution (if you scaled the iphone screen to size) which would make the processing power required rather large and also overkill. I would think something close to a full HD resolution will be next though.
-
Do it once - do it right - ADSL Nation XTE-2005 - http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catal ... cts_id=105 . Splits the signal from the master socket so no other filters required in the house and keep the router as close to that as possible for the best speeds. I @*!# you not it got me nearly an extra 1MB/s. Funny how when we now move to Fibre to the cab (FTTC - BT Infiniti) - OpenReach now install faceplates that look exactly the same
-
Thats because Apple screw them so much over sales margins they make bugger all profit off them
-
Mine was a sod. Dealer called to say there was some paperwork to do as my car was still a month or so away. Got there and there was a 370z under a fitted car cover - assumed it to be someone elses. Salesman said do I wanna take a look as its a Quartz one and I've never seen it in the flesh. So I obviously said sure, and when he peeled back the cover it said it was reserved for me
-
Think I'll be sticking to my 3GS and iOS5 for the forseeable. Might wait a few days for iOS5 proplems to become apparent before upgrading it mind - if I can wait
-
See if you can try it with a known working filter Stew, if that doesnt work, call the internet provider and get them to send out an engineer. While you're waiting drop down the model number of your router and we can give you instructions on how to get the status (assuming you dont know)
-
Running a bit low on parts there Alex
-
He also dropped the chain and lock off that I bought from him on his way home from work - very nice fella
-
This could get very embarrasing for NMGB! Only thing to mitigate it is when the do finally decide it can be done - the cost will put you off anyway
-
Speak to Mark@Abbey M/S. Depending what has "gone off" you may need new control modules and access to Consult 3 to reset things.
-
Was obviously very difficult - they've done away with it on the 370z
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
To be fair its probably the worst migraine I've ever had. I used to think people were joking when they said they can see flashing effects during them when you have your eyes shut. Ended up having to stack ibuprofen, paracetamol, and some other funky pain killers to get rid of it! Shame the girls bail - bloody wusses! Was a cracking ride all the same, would have been better if it was dry. Also managed to get up and around Lee Quarry which was a good crack. Was silly blowy up there (gusts up to 20MPH) so took a bit of the fun out of it. Will upload the Garmin traces later. -
Hope it works our you Thomas. As said above, at least you have some kind of dispensation and its allowed to be upto 130% of the cars value to be repaired. In the UK they would have probably written it off by now
-
That should be fine. Remember the speedo will over-read the speed slightly and your ground clearance will be lowered a bit too.
-
Not sure there is a definitive answer, no one has put many tyres on to check how far you can go. 2 things I know for sure though: 1. Keeping the difference 2.5-3% between front and back (ie back ~3% bigger than front) the TC is happy 2. Run the same size front and rear and TC will not be happy at all. Remember this isnt a speed differential, its a rolling radius. If you run massive 20" 50 profiles, so long as the rear is 3% bigger than the front, the TCS will be happy as it expects to see that 3% difference in "speed" of the tyres. Equally, if you could fit low profile 15s on there, it would still be happy if the 3% difference is there. Sure in those two examples the speedo would be a fair bit out but as far as TCS is concerned it doesnt care so long as the front to rear stay within the limits of each other.
-
Not to mention a heavier flywheel and probably clutch assembly. That will slow you down a treat. Surely a heavier flywheel with its greater inertia will reduce the effects of engine braking? Lighter flywheel will give you more engine braking. Or when you say slow, do you mean its harder to get up to speed? That will take more power and thus fuel if start stopping all the time
-
I'd be happy to spend an extra £163 a month to NOT be driving a depressing diesel soot chucker.......and be in a 340 bhp GT sports car..........no brainer. Best of both worlds, get a lift with the missus in the DERV during the week, saving the pennies for me to spend on petrol and nice drives at the weekend
-
Its a great loss. Whether you like his work or not, you have been influenced by him, his brand, his ideas. He turned great ideas into reality, something which many businesses still fail to achieve.
-
This - as my mother found. Took TT about 3 months to get an engineer out to find a fault on a line When we had a similar problem on our line, PlusNet had an engineer out the next day. If you are in a high competition area, I would vote for PlusNet - but I'm bias as I was on their trail for Fibre to the Cab (aka BT Infinity) and get it for £11.50/mo
-
Sure you can get an 8k 350z, but remember just how old that will be. The 370z will be box fresh, tight handling and far better interior. People will say I was mad to chop in my 350z (which would have gone on a forecourt for about £8-9k), but for me it was the best decision. I am fortunate in my poisition as being able to do so when the economy is as it is, but I wouldnt change it for the world. You'll be over the moon with it Al, and so will the missus - she'll be a lot happier in that than the 350z - just ask my missus and she'll tell you theres no contest.