Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Happy Birthday John-boy
  2. So thats why SEATs rattle and VWs dont
  3. Chris`I

    Tyres

    With RE050As on the front still, I wonder why... I've only had Zed's with matching brands of tyres front and rear, so excuse me if this sounds stupid but what bearing would the front tyres have on the rear? It's an honest question as I'm curious. Stones will no doubt have better grip than the Falkens, hence it seems tail happy. If you had the Falkens all round, the car would lose grip at overall less speed than having all Stones, but all tyres would have the same grip, so rather than being tail happy, it would drift more, but would be more balanced over all. So while you have less total grip with Falkens, it would be balanced. Also made worse by the fact that you probably havent worn off the tyre mould release agent yet. That takes a good few hundred miles depending on how you drive.
  4. Oi you cheeky feck - we have about 25 black editions alone Do these require any cutting of plastic? From the ones I saw Stateside the fit wasnt anywhere near as neat as the 350z. Could be interested though
  5. Will handle it no problem, just get a fluid change before you go and take extra fluids with you
  6. 1. Beavis 2. martinmac 3. octet 4. Tarmac 5. ChrisS 6. Chesterfield 7. 350Russ 8. Stew 9. bladesgrant 10. JetSet 11. Sam McGoo 12. mbs 13. NeilMH 14. AK350Z 15. Bockaaarck 16. DoogyRev 17. GT4 Zed 18. P15ULT 19. evest 20. Ian 21. Chris`I This list will get long pretty quick!
  7. Variable Valve Event and Lift More clever "$%&"$ that will inevitably break
  8. I'll have the strut too if its 200 quid + VAT for both
  9. Ah thats a shame, but at least you got a little time with one of them. Definately worth having a go with one of them just so you can see how much you are doing right and wrong and teaches you the line a lot quicker, not that theres a lot you can do about that now
  10. Looks like a great day you chaps had How did the tuition go Andrew? Did you learn a lot from it?
  11. That will make the engine as powerful as a 370z engine Albeit the power delivery of a 370z is flatter so has a better torque spread. Will have to get the 370 mapped just to make sure I have more power than you
  12. Good job I knew what it was for AFAIK there isnt a "Nismo" strut per-se, they are all the same just the Nismo one has a nice emblem on it. Unlike other Nismo products, this is just the Nismo 370z so has a bit of badges everywhere. The strut is no different to a normal one. The engine cover is red instead of silver, which suits my red interior EDIT: Actually, the Nismo strut is slightly different, a bit more reinforced than then standard one, they added a couple of bars to the normal one.
  13. OK makes more sense. Should equate to about 290-295WHP which is very strong. Was there a fudge factor used Bennet to get to fly numbers or was it left to run down drag to calculate it? Fly numbers have a habbit of being optimistic from what I understand.
  14. Much want redness to go with the interior Tarmac - add my name to the list for one please
  15. I don't notice a difference in power, but on the occasion when I was stuck for Super and had to fill up with a small amount of unleaded I noticed it impacted on MPG quite significantly. I can get 28-29mpg on my average week's commute on super, but the regular unleaded got me down around 22-23mpg...I wasn't driving any differently. 25% more mpg for what is often only 10% more cost?? The figures speak for themselves, hence why I always fill up with super! This is what I noticed on my old MY03 350z too. I think to really see it, you need to run the car on SUL for a while then swapping back to even one tank of UL see's a nose dive in MPG. However, for those that run on UL, it will take a good few tanks for the car to adapt fully to see the gains as it will only advance the timing a small amount each time compared to if it detects knock where it will wind it back really quickly.
  16. Yes both big wedge type - T20 IIRC
  17. Much want, how much?
  18. greekmans car isnt a normal car +1 - what rollers was it dyno'd on? I think its a freak of nature
  19. Rather than having one of these stupid "boycott the petrol pumps" weeks, we should all go down the benefits office one week and sign on instead
  20. Done and added to Facebook.
  21. The only 3 I know of are Horsham Developments (Berkshire), Abbey (Surrey) and RSTuning (Leeds). Looks like you've already found the closest
  22. You need a wide angle lense Liam Great pics, but I can see with the lighting the camera was struggling a bit.
  23. Red Mist is technically a quick deatiler, but its more like a sealant really. It should be used to spouse up the car finish, on top of wax (leave at least 24hrs after waxing before applying it or it will strip wax).
  24. Surely that would cost more than just using Super Unleaded in the first place! First thing I would be doing is swapping from BP/Shell to supermarket Super Unleaded like Tesco 99RON (Momentum) Would certainly be interested to see how this goes and see if a decent saving can be made, especially if you can have multiple maps, one for daily driving and one for a bit of fun when you put super in
×
×
  • Create New...