Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Probably not in the UK, but have a gander on my350z as brake packages pop up from time to time, so I'd say the US uses them more than the UK.
  2. Wasso

    Wheel nuts

    Taken from the D1 Spec knackered nut thread. Stainless Steel has a yield strength of 520mpa Aluminium 6061-0 has a yield strength of 45mpa Aluminium 6061-T4 has a yield strength of 110mpa So Duraluminum with a yield strength of 450mpa should not be shunned off for just being 'Aluminium'.
  3. Wasso

    Wheel nuts

    No I believe Wasso was telling me how much he rates rays nuts. Saying how strong yet lightweight they were. The Duraluminum nuts are just shy of steel nuts. Aluminium nuts don't stand a chance. As said Rays wouldn't endorse their own nuts if they were going to fail. Nearly 3 years on and never an issue, and my nuts have had a right good bashing
  4. Stop being a little girl about that! It's bull spunk and you know it "dibs" is what you use in the playground at school Well just make sure you use it! Remember there's a large number of people who fire questions but don't actually want them. Dibs, or yes please is normally a good indicator so that others are aware of your interest.
  5. How is this relevant Ian?! Of course it keeps me amused. They probably got dirty. I remember spending weeks and weeks polishing the wheels & frame on my ZXR750. Never again. It was a nightmare keeping them clean. They will receive a clear coat just like oem so cleaning will remain simple.
  6. Back burner with spacers, polishing and detailing taking a front seat. I've got some special paint stripper on its way to me, so that will be stage one of the project very soon. I'll update when I have some news. Did you sell your car?
  7. I see a table!
  8. I was gonna say great looks front and back, but no spacers and standard rims are being lost in the aggressive look. I can talk though, still running Rays
  9. Yummy!!
  10. John.... John.... The car is on fire and your feet and legs are being lapped by flames.... Cheers Steve didn't notice with my fire proof gear on, nice one A great shame for the car
  11. Here.... http://g35driver.com/forums/19-inch-304/ Or here..... http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-tires-369/
  12. Oi!!! When were the tables fixed??
  13. Happy Birthday Chris, hope you have a great day And happy birthday to Dave where ever you are
  14. I did wonder how it had taken so long for somebody to mention the time.
  15. I know smudge is looking for a plenum!
  16. Okay reality check. Wales happens once a year. Work happens every day (apart from weekends for some). Football will be a dissapointment, a fight, some TV bull$hit and some over paid sportsmen. Wales = Fun, laughter, cars, women (ok I made that one up). There's no way you're missing this one, and I hope you've lifted the car at least 10mm otherwise you'll be running out of front lip soon. Edit - forgot to add maybe a beer or two?
  17. But there's no comparison Football or Wales..... Let me think on that...... Friggin Wales ALL THE WAY!!! Can't flippin wait...... 'Party on dude'
  18. Brilliant
  19. Go careful with anything mechanical on the actual strut. It'll only make life harder when you come to bringing up the shine. Prep is the keyword. Smooth clean and without any previous grit marks. Yes the feet are a cowbag but practice makes perfect. Spraying is also a pain - but it's a cheap enough mod to do without huge expense.
  20. Yes flap wheels I find best along with a bit of manual rubbing etc. You won't get ALL of the paint off, but enough to give the primer a good base. I'll be honest about the strut, but couldn't tell you which way is correct. I use compression to push at the mounts. I ensure there's enough tension but not too much in which to strain the bolts when the car is under heavy load.
  21. Says who? My ban hammer says we get Chris and Bob If we'd had more time we could have had a war at Wales I don't think we'd get our robots in the Zeds unless we ditched our +1's You can't just demand the ownership of Chris and Bob, they're human and may want a choice
  22. The 350z-uk mod/admin team have reserved a slot for Chris already You're forgetting Bob, they come as a pair. Forum Mods and Admin are not allowed to snap up members, traders or REO's. I think we should seriously contend getting us 'Modders' to get creative!
×
×
  • Create New...