Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Update: ECU and loom work is nearing completion, - couple of short videos courtesy of Emerald in Norfolk. Enjoy.....
  2. Just seen the 2nd episode, which to be totally honest was painful. Vulcan and the home built C9 were the only bits that were worthy of watching.
  3. Very nice indeed. If you're looking for a brake calliper refurb I had mine done with the Brake Caliper Specialists. They are pro traders on here also. From this..... To this....
  4. YES! Beginning was sheer brilliance, very dramatic and made perfect sense of what they were looking to achieve. Tent braw was a bit daft, but what they have as content outside of that was great and faaaar better than TG. Like the idea of some sport celeb drivers, as the stig was getting dull. Great work Amazon and to the 3 lads. Friday nights just got a whole lot better
  5. Jayne and I send our love to Caroline, I'm sure Caroline will be up fighting fit before you know it.
  6. PM on it's way to you
  7. The problem with that is the weight, Chris would be pulling wheelies all the time. Nice work Chris, remember, do everything twice! Reminds me of a build I did recently with you, although I think we got to third time lucky with the clutch slave cylinder the master cylinder we only did twice Please don't say that word clutch! That was a very expensive few months. There is never any harm with more than once, Jayne agrees with me
  8. The problem with that is the weight, Chris would be pulling wheelies all the time. Nice work Chris, remember, do everything twice!
  9. That's sounds pretty damn decent to be fair Why use your indicators though on a private road? I guess just habit?
  10. Happy Birthday dude!
  11. Not yet, she was scheduled to hit the Dyno on Monday coming but due to a fuel fire on a Rally Spec Sierra Cosworth, they're having to redecorate! Here's their place before the fire. And here's today So there's a short delay at present. No big deal, just means a little longer and I'm sure the days will fly by.
  12. I wouldn't use Pro Bolt (from experience I may add) when using aluminium bolts under a torqued load higher than its capable of. They snap!!
  13. Something is fishy about this picture...... Since when have you reverted back to the original registration on your van!
  14. Hey Sam, no confirmed date yet. Although next Monday is the Dyno day and I'll be taking the day off to head over there to see how it goes. If you are free and want to head over we could meet up (Thetford). They still have things for completion this wee like the race dash, and to get over the alternator charging issue. The date could therefore move. Should know by the end of the week.
  15. Been 20 months and counting Thing is I really don't fancy driving at the weekends when you do 800 miles a week on a motorway, so I've not really missed "driving". But I do miss the corners that's for sure. My Alfa is a big black comfy sofa and I like that. So I'm really looking forward to enjoying Suzi again. Still a fair amount of work to be done though and cosmetically she needs a total refresh, she's a bit bruised. This sort of fits in line with the end goal, but means I have to make decisions on whether to wrap or paint.
  16. Seven years, 2009-2016, remember meeting you at a reststop and then carrying on to a meet, i think it was Modified Live at Brands Hatch or something That sounds about right. Can't remember what the meet was not sure it was Brands. It was the first meet Amy went to I think also.
  17. Sad times Mark, how many years of ownership? And what's next?
  18. Chuffed, elated, excited and after 2+ years since this all started with a big box and a big boat, resulting in a lot of stress and worry, only to hear the V8 sound. Tempted to make a trip up there in the week. Once there's photos and vids I'll get them up.
  19. Tonight I had a phone call!!! "We've had a few technical issues this week I'm afraid, especially when we had to use 13 fire extinguishers, and took 5 minutes to put the fire out! We managed to put the fire out before the fire engines arrived!" !!!!! "Sorry I didn't quite catch that" (whilst driving home) "Yeah the rally spec Sierra Cosworth blew a fuel line, made a right mess of the Dyno room" "Ahhhh right okay, I see technical issues" Long story short I asked how it's going, progress is good having teething issues with the alternator. Needs some fathoming out but will get there I'm sure Carl said. Carl then mentioned she's holding pressures nicely, oil, water temps etc! "YOU MEAN SHE IS ALIVE!!" "Yeah had her running sweet this week, exhaust sounds great" he said. "Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!" "She's ALIVE!" Carl said "do you want to hear her?" HELL YEAH!!!! I cannot express the noise! After all this work she sounds like a beast! This has made my week, year and century! So there's the update she's alive. Phoned Chris immediately and my jubilation was welcomed with equal satisfaction" I quote Chris "Wow I'm better than I thought!" Sure am dude She wil be on the Dyno a week Monday for her tune. No video or anything yet but more than likely when she's on the Dyno. More news as it happens I'm off to the pub now to CELEBRATE!
  20. Simple fix: Wait till dark Take a photo of your car ensuring no moonlight or street lighting can identify your car The picture should look like this This will avoid any flipped picture issues or misalignment and you can be satisfied your car is somewhere in the darkness!
  21. Hi Russ, I'm unable to send you a message by PM - payment due for the spacer matey :-)

    1. 350 Russ

      350 Russ

      sorry mate didnt realise, ill get it sent over tonight

  22. Wasso

    Random test

    From the album: Wasso's random photo upload

    A Pic of my engine bay showing the fruits of my polishing!
  23. Wasso

    Wasso's random photo upload

    Cos I can.... ha ha!
×
×
  • Create New...