Jump to content

Lexx

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    11,704
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lexx

  1. Better than rolling it onto tyres!
  2. Bunch of wierdo's lying in front of their cars.....never catch me posing like that....
  3. The wife wants these kinda lights in the new kitchen.....I'm worried passing aircraft may try to land on the house!
  4. A common MOT failure on the 300zx is the rear number plate light (x2). One of mine was pretty shagged. I could have got a unit from a breaker, but I had a SMD strip lying around in the garage, so I thought I'd use that. The result may be a tad bright! I wasn't going for the Fast and Furious look! I'll have to wire in a ceramic resister to dim them down a touch....
  5. Seb, our lead twin, was head down and engaged for 6 weeks. Bugger didn't want to move at all! Helen went to 39 week, 4 days. So be prepared to wait! lol
  6. Didn't know you were having twins mate! Congrats! I have a load of useful and less useful knowledge I can give on being father of twins. PM me if you want any of it. A cot rocker would have been in god send in the early days of my boys lives!
  7. Lexx

    Tuning help

    It's a company called G-Force Motorsport down in Aylesbury. Their Dyno is supposed to be one of the most accurate in the UK. But everyone claims that about their own Dyno. It won't have been tuned by them (unless you have a piggy back chip), as there are only 3 garage in the UK with the UpRev license to remap the OEM ECU, and G-FOrce isn't one of them.
  8. Nothing wrong with a cheeky bid. I offered almost half the asking price for my Z32. Imagine the look on my face when he accepted. And then the look when I realised I had to tell the wife.
  9. There are a few members, not many though. Tuesday is good for me.
  10. You a Monkey Hanger? Fancy a mini meet one night whilst you`re here? Any excuse to show off my 300!
  11. It's compulsory that it pisses down the weekend of JAE. I still remember the year of the hurricane.
  12. Wanted as above. Cheaper the better, as I ain't 100% sure it'll fit my Z32 and I can't get to my car to check thread measurements. Using it as a temp measure whilst my OEM 300zx one gets some TLC.
  13. Damn. I'm off to France for a weeks holiday today otherwise I'd have had the Z32 round sharpish!
  14. Lexx

    My Z32 SWB

    0630 this morning I was at a petrol station in Hartlepool topping up before heading off to see Jeff at Zedworld. I wanted to get a full inspection done, and conZult check. Also oil and filter change whilst he was at it. Was nice to meet Jeff, and even nicer to find out that mechanically the car is pretty damn perfect (goosed AC aside). ConZult showed no problems, and even that it appears the car has a 16 bit ECU and that it has been mapped at some point in the past (I plan to open it sometime and see if it's been socketed and chipped). Had a chat about the gearbox noise, and he confirmed what Paulzx had suggested to me about the gaitors. So when I got home this afternoon I proceeded to pull apart the interior. First off I was once again staggered by the wiring mess of previous people to work on the car....I will get around to sorting it out and tidying it up once new stereo is chosen. the black wire at the top is a Nokia charge cable that's in glove box. No idea what the luminicient green one is. Found this to be entertaining too Anyway, sure enough the bottom rubber had popped off and the middle one was ripped. All sorted now and cabin is lovely and quiet. My panic about needing a new gearbox was unfounded! Postman had been whilst I was in Birmingham and had delivered these Thanks Tarmac! Managed to get some of them fitted. Will post pics when complete. Plan on detailing engine bay at same time. I fall a little more in love with this car every time I take it out or fix a niggle.
  15. Hi Amy, remind me to drop you a PM after this years show. I'm now NEO on zxclub.net and thinking ahead to a big joint stand next year. I can't make this years as I'll be in France on hols. Have fun though.
  16. In my humble opinion there's not much music been posted in this thread. Mostly just noise. But each to their own. I'm off to listen to some Ska followed by Iron Maiden and probably some Frank Turner to round it off.
  17. Few thousand miles normally.
  18. +1. If you need to ask your not ready for one. I don't agree with that, anyone can go to a garage a buy a car with a turbo on it, they wouldn't get turned away and told to research it... Not everyone wants to know all the ins & outs, if I had a Zed and wanted a turbo I would just take it somewhere and say 'make it so' Peter did exactly that with his HR at Abbey. Only thing you need to know are if your budget is good enough for your aims. Also worthwhile knowing if car is still usable for your needs after turbo fitted.
  19. Have a think about you aims for the car and your budget. The latter will seriously effect the former.
  20. If you're wanting the best you can before an uprev then fit a stock air box with the venturi cone in place. EDIT: Dan beat me to it.
  21. How ****ing much for mats!?!?!
  22. Lexx

    My Z32 SWB

    I had a set of 18" Rota drifts in Bronze sat in the garage. Sold them about 6 weeks before buying the car as I was sick of waiting for the right one to come up! Just ordered some pieces of internal trip. 18 yr plastic is a bit fragile and I have discovered previous owner has used load bearing blue tack in places. lol. Gonna spend next weekend investigating the AC fault and seeing if that can be sorted.
  23. Lexx

    My Z32 SWB

    Google image for midnight purple 300zx. There are a fair few of that car.
  24. Lexx

    My Z32 SWB

    This is what I'm aiming for
  25. Lexx

    My Z32 SWB

    There's a lovely LWB one in the UK in MP1. That's the inspiration. Taking the car down to Zed world in 2 weeks time for a full inspection and maintenance plan. Any expensive mods are on hold due to saving for a house extension. But plan to keep on top of essential items regardless of cost.
×
×
  • Create New...