Jump to content

dave_7

Members
  • Posts

    216
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dave_7

  1. For sale 2 Falken fk510 tyres 285/35R19 Around 5mm of tread left on both. Good even wear. No previous repairs. No damage. £80 firm for both tyre. Collection only from Cheshire. Cash on collection.
  2. https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/insurance
  3. greenlight mirror my no claims from my daily even though the other policy isn't with them
  4. These are 100% going to be my next set of tyres. Never heard anyone say a bad word about them
  5. No worries mate, obviously if you're going to really abuse them there are more expensive options. Horses for courses and all that
  6. I changed to Hawk HPS pads last year and so far they've out performed the stock pads in every way. Used for fast road and track as well as the occasional commute to work. Great bite from cold and can take some abuse as well. That's not to say they are the best option but i have been pleased with them
  7. thanks for that i appreciate it. £275 is definitely a bargain!! I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for a similar deal. 100% agree with you there as long as they'e tough enough to take the abuse and easy to adjust they should be spot on. the hardrace stuff always looks very well made from what I've seen
  8. where did you buy the front upper control arms from mate? and is there are reason you went with them over any other brand? I've been looking to get some at some point but there are a lot of different ones available
  9. dave_7

    Tyre Query

    Couldn't agree more. I've done 3 track day on Falken FK510s now and cannot fault them at all. Plenty of grip, progressive when you are on the limit, can take the heat involved very well, good straight line braking especially with a bit of heat in them and VERY VERY good in the wet. great value for money. Dont get me wrong their are better out there but its very subjective (car, usage and driver dependent). I think people can judge based on some of the other Falken tyres about which I've also used and are a bit poo when pushing on with them but are perfectly safe. I've also run Michelins previously and although they are great in all conditions, they outer shoulders are just too soft for me and they wear out in no time which makes the price tag hard to swallow. I'm going to go for AD08R's next for this very reason, though as I've now got a POS daily for winter/bad conditions. This is of course just my 2p worth, but having experience with both the falkens and michelins (amongst many others) on road and track i thought I'd let you know what i think
  10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkj2iPC6tg4 check it out great little gadget yeah i heard that as well, they come up pretty often second hand on fb groups though
×
×
  • Create New...