Jump to content

Jay84

Members
  • Posts

    2,334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jay84

  1. Part of me wants to delete the door handles.
  2. I don't like clear reflector replacements, always reminds me of the ds3. Not a bad car, but not my thang. They look better outside as they have a graphite sheen that goes perfectly with my wheels. Interestingly now I've washed and polished the rear lower cluster has grown on me. Going to live with it bit, but for a fiver for a metre, I'm not worried about changing it in the future.
  3. Oh yeah ignore they black plastic thing hidden in the grille still not removed them yet.
  4. Zippypooz they look awesome pal. In daylight they reflect giving a carbon look. Inside or at dusk, pure black. Great product mate
  5. Hi all, I need to opinions. Today my front reflectors were replaced courtesy of zippypoos and they look awesome, great quality work, that I will put some pics on his sales thread once the sun has hidden and I can safely wash my black car. The bit i need opinions on is my rear lower light units. Im going stealthy and thought I'd tint them black. I went for a dark smoke, but cant help feel they should look a little more subtle and a medium smoke would have been better. Now I know a 3.5ltr v6 on racing cats is never going to be subtle lol but opinions welcome. Oh and a sneak peak at the refelctors before bath time...
  6. +1 I have a rev up and love it. I think we all love our zed whichever we own though. All are smile inducing. Whichever of the 3 you get, if it's been well looked after, will be a pleasure to own. Although I can't vouch for the standard clutch as I bought mine with an uprated clutch.
  7. Jay84

    test

    Not tried that yet, but there is info on the media section.
  8. Jay84

    test

    What are you trying to do?
  9. Jay84

    test

    I had a test thread that looked like this lol
  10. Looks a little like the car from speed racer
  11. Plus the standard cd player skips over big bumps, small bumps, too hot, too cold, too wet too dry and if you put a cd in (slight exaggeration).
  12. Best opening topic ever . For the record I voted e.
  13. Yeah tell them about the LSD. Some places are set up for it. most arent
  14. All i see on labour policies that my very red mate put on fb is how they're going to spend all ths money making all these improvements. I don't argue some of the systems are dated and useless, but where will that money come from? I never considered myself a Tory, but I can't see Labour being a viable option, and as has been mentioned its a 2 horse race.
  15. Mk3 mr2 are more stable than the mk2 I've always found but there isn't much you can do to improve power unless you get hold of a t sport or compressor engine to put in. But timing chain and an engine that is OK being thrashed. Rx8s feel pretty well balanced. Not had the chance to track an mx5. I know, not the most helpful.
  16. Welcome along. Just googled, it's like a 350z qashqai.
  17. The best way to check cooling fan function is to turn the ac on, if fans don't spin its a fan issue. However from what I've seen the temp gauge should have gone into the red before boiling over.
  18. Looks awesome. Trying to figure out if i can do it without the purse holder realising. So far my idea is put it on a c/card, tell her i'm at work as usual and just be here instead.
  19. My technicians assure me that when mine goes it'll be easy to do. I tend to not do clutches here as i only have 3 ramps and it kills my trade. My labour calculator has it at 303 excluding parts using my reg as the basis
  20. That is steep. Even at 5 hours that puts it in excess of £100/hour, which is getting close to some main dealer rates. My guess is they didn't want to do it and rather than say that they tried to price you out of it.
  21. Autodata has the labour time of replacing the clutch plate at 3.5 hours, 3.7 on the flywheel
  22. Nice. Hope the check over goes well
  23. Lol its worse, I'm an autocentre manager. Although in my head, that makes me better. The retail store can't fit a bulb round here without braking the lights. I've seen smashed bulbs in light units, broken light units, all sorts.
  24. also looking into getting a dash cam fitted too - however not keen on fitting in myself as i'd want it hard wired. halfrauds fit for circa £30. . . what could possibly go wrong ? The halfrauds ones are easy to do, if you can locate your fuse board you can wire it in. The kit comes with a piggyback fuse adaptor, you take a fuse out that is linked to ignition on (i.e 12v socket), put the new bit in, and put the fuse you removed n the back of it. I'm a non skilled halfrauds manager and have fitted numerous without breaking anything. Taking a note of your mileage is worth doing, resetting trips etc. I know its resolved now but I'd opt to leave my car and trust them.
  25. I'm glas you said that about the higher tax on the rev up, as i'm paying higher tax than the DE. As has been said, shop around, test drive lots, and service history. Welcome
×
×
  • Create New...