Jump to content

Willsy1980

Members
  • Posts

    1,042
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Willsy1980

  1. Not surprised the 911 and 996 were cheaper than a scooby, such a bad rep on the Impreza's some deservedly so.
  2. Seen loads of mentions for the 350zed but you want LHD so maybe something from the states like a Three Fiddy Zee ?
  3. I've got the mrs's 207cc with Hastings Direct, only 2 years driving for £745. My 350 is with Zenith, £475 with business use.
  4. I went with the wet sand and clearcoat, 40 mins a side
  5. I just got one of these, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-U480-Car-Engine-Auto-Fault-Code-Reader-OBD-2-Scan-Tool-Diagnostic-Scanner-UK/302214319524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 works a treat, better to know the code rather than keep resetting it.
  6. Great to see so many long term owners, even more so when they look as fresh as the day they were born (and improved upon), some stunning examples. Lets hope my 3 years continue onward as well as all of you guys have done !
  7. I may need those i'll pop first dibs on them before you put them up for sale
  8. In that case, mine is getting ready for a change. I'll probably get one too
  9. tbh for 250 quid you probably cant go wrong. If it gives you another 12 months to pop a few quid away for something better then its still a win win for me.
  10. Spotted on the back roads from the m6 to east lancs near Warrington. You flashed but I was a little quick round the corner to do the same. Waved though
  11. As title, on a trailer up the A50 yesterday morning. Was me in the Gunmetal roadster. Nice looking track weapon
  12. The RB is something you have to love if you go ahead, it's pretty much a one way trip from what i've seen with the cutting of the body panels. Im not a fan of it personally, but do admit when done right it looks good.
  13. Update got a reader, was P2138 Throttle pedal sensor. So I just reset it and it stayed gone. Probably D1 spec related so not concerned.
  14. Willsy1980

    EML

    EML has decided to pop up today, did a reasonable run up the motorway all fine. Came back a few hours later fired it up and the light came on, no miss fire or anything. Started fine and drives fine no holding back or loss of power. Is it worth just doing the pedal dance and seeing if it stays off or should I get it read first ? I do have a D1 Throttle controller but no decat etc.
  15. Having not seen one off the car, i'd guess there is a cam/mech behind the lock lever. Probably has a crappy plastic part that has worn out or a metal one that is bent. I'd bite the bullet on the mech from Alex for £250. If the roof pops fully open while driving, it's going to cost a damn sight more to fix than that.
  16. Good to see you found the problem quite easily. But that new price of £1000 is bloody hefty
  17. Hahah tbh, im quite bored of it and have been pondering molesting it with a rebuild and supercharger.... I just know that's a £12,000 investment i'll never see a return on.
  18. This makes me quite proud to say I own a bone stock 05 DE with 33k on it Only got a mopedmark gear stick and a D1 throttle controller. In 8 years or so i'll be a millionaire :P
  19. No worries, looking at that you may need to adjust the lock rods behind the plastic trim on the top. At least with it stripped, you can see if both are actuating as they should when you crank the handle. Good luck
  20. Definitely looks to be about 3-4mm short of where it should be on the front edge, barely any of the rubber seal is visible on mine. Looks as thought the drives side catch is locking in and the passenger side is missing. So it's looks pulled to one side. I think you can adjust the roller catches on each side ? Edit: found this https://workshop-manuals.com/nissan/350z/v6-3.5l_(vq35hr)/body_and_frame/roof_and_associated_components/convertible_top/convertible_top_latch/component_information/adjustments/page_7475/ Hope this helps....
  21. Looks like it is coming up short, a little bent and twisted out of shape too. Has that had a new skin at some point ?
  22. I had a similar issue with crappy idle last week, I fished a receipt the size of a A4 folded down the middle from the airfilter, god knows how that actually got in there ? Hope yours is a simple
  23. If you slow it down to 0.5 or 0.75 looks like a normal lap
  24. 3rd dibs on the lip. Only over the hill from you
  25. Oh I agree, but 'if' like Alex said the bores, rings and valves etc are shot. Then rebuild or replace, that's the situation I was basing the reply on. But that said, 4-5L of oil every 3-4 months is a lot of oil loss.
×
×
  • Create New...