Jump to content

Steel Lynx

Members
  • Posts

    748
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Steel Lynx

  1. Right outside my flat on a number of occasions (including today) now has a private plate ending CLG (can't remember the original one now) Anyone on here own it?
  2. I used Motorline Nissan HPC in Tunbridge wells and have had no problem with them at all. All the people there are friendly and helpful and if you ask to talk to Ian Fraser and mention this forum he will probably give you a discount.
  3. to the forum. Someone knowledgeable about that kind of thing will be a long shortly I'm sure.
  4. to the forum. Personally I've gone off Bridgestones as I had one delaminate a couple of weeks ago http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75832-unknown-noise/ . Ended up getting some Michelin Pilot Sport 3's as there weren't any super sports available. I have to say I'm impressed with them (and they're probably a bit cheaper than the super sports if budget comes in to it) I know Ebized uses the Vredsteins and likes those (they also look nice!) To be perfectly honest, if you're paying over £150 a corner, any rubber you stick on should do a decent job at that price but we all have our preferences.
  5. Maybe you should invest in some of these! http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_922531_langId_-1_categoryId_246902# Lol
  6. Lol
  7. That is............. I don't know what that is! It's just wrong lol
  8. I'm guessing the Meguiars tech wax 2.0 stuff I currently use is a bit in between the wet wax and hard wax then since it's also in a bottle? Will have to look in to hard wax now!
  9. Managed to get my car washed and dried and almost got to waxing it before it started spitting with rain (yes, it was my fault it started raining this afternoon) Then I got to thinking. What's that wet wax stuff like? So I took myself over to Halfords to get some Meguiars stuff (I'm a bit of a Meguairs fan boy) only to discover they sell two different sorts...... Premium wet wax and ultimate. Anyone used either? or are wet waxes not worth the bottles they're put in? Just after a bit of information from peeps that might have used them
  10. Welcome
  11. Welcome to the forum Northerner
  12. Welcome to the forum Chubbster! Car's looking very smart indeed!
  13. to the forum!
  14. Haven't played a GTA game for a while. Will probably get this one to see what they're like now, But what I REALLY want is Battlefield 4!
  15. I've just had to replace my two front Bridgestones even though they still had 5mm left on them. Basically the steel cables inside just came apart (not sure how dangerous that is but I'm still here!) You can see the pictures here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75832-unknown-noise/ as I seem to have forgotten how I got the pictures on here last time.... I've now got Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on there and I have to say I really like them. I had an issue with tram lining with the Bridgestones but that could have been down to the tyre dying. I don't get it at all anymore, it's a lot nicer to drive. I wanted the Michelin Pilot Super Sports but they aren't available until October apparently. I have to say, the Vredesteins look very nice on the car though (if you like that kind of thing)
  16. Excellent! That will make things much easier. Just have to sort out a few things over the next few months and then I'll be giving you a call. Thank you
  17. Not that far really no. They're about an hour away depending on traffic.
  18. I'm sitting in front of my computer! Oh wait, you meant...... Never mind... I'm in Lewes, East Sussex
  19. I'm also up for meeting up!
  20. Think I've pretty much decided on the Fast Intentions one now. Now I just have to find someone I can trust to fit it.
  21. For those that are interested, here's a couple of pictures of the offside front tyre after they removed it. Bit of a mess.....
  22. to the forum. I'm in Lewes, East Sussex. You really like that Nismo badge eh!
  23. So, Since meeting Colin and hearing how tasty his car sounds (and becoming really jealous), I set about looking for exhaust systems for myself. Apart from blatantly copying Colin I've also got my eye on the Fast Intentions TDX one on the Tarmac Sportz site. Has anyone heard this one 'in the flesh' so to speak? Also, since I know next to nothing about exhaust jargon, I'm assuming getting the one with the 18" resonator will be the quietest one but also won't affect the performance of it?
  24. Well, I took my car to Motorline Nissan in Tunbridge Wells again and as usual, great service from the guys and gals there!! Told them about the noise on the phone and booked it in for today. I took one of the mechanics out with the offside window down so he could listen to the noise. He then had a drive and a listen and then took us back to the garage. I think I'd only been sat down 5 minutes when they called me out to have a look. The steel cables inside the offside front were coming off. One of them was tapping against the alloy wheel inside the tyre as I was going along. No one had ever seen that before, they even took a picture (which they are emailing to me, I will stick them up on here should anyone think it might be of interest). I now have two Michelin sport 3's on there now (No one had any super sport) Glad that's all sorted anyway!!
×
×
  • Create New...