Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. The button on my cubby is scratched and looking tatty, so I want to remove and respray it. Just wondered if there's any specific paint/prep procedure people have used to get a good finish? The OEM finish is almost rubbery?
  2. Popped in this morning for a look at the finishes and a quote, they said you'd been in and showed me pics of your car. Think I'm going to go for the same finish on my Rays
  3. Liked on Facebook. Really interesting project
  4. That 280zx is gorgeous. Any more pics?
  5. This is just so cool. Been following for the past year, can't wait to see it finished.
  6. Looking good, got many plans for it? Please don't ruin it like your last cars!
  7. I always find a car feels faster when I'm the passenger rather than the driver on paper there's little between them.
  8. Got mine done at Abbey recently on the Hunter, if you want a specialist that know the Z inside out then they are they people for it.
  9. You aren't used to proper brakes, they shouldn't be on off like VW ones
  10. Another vote for Poorboys, I've used loads of different cleaners/dressings and never found one that cleans well and doesn't leave a horrible oily smeary mess behind. It also adds UV protection and stops the dash attracting dust. It's also quite a universal product, I use it to dress the engine bay too.
  11. For wax I use the high density foam applicators from Waxyshop and polish/glaze I use a microfibre applicator by hand.
  12. Also saw a black 370Z in Charlottle Street car park on Tuesday.
  13. These are the Rays ones http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81830-new-350z-z-logo-centre-caps-for-rays-18-alloy-wheels/
  14. Yesterday evening about 6pm, anyone here?
  15. Hello! Shame you didnt make it. Hope to see your Zed around. Ive just moved down here and had to abandon mine in the maze of streets behind the train station as I live in a flat on Carfax and on the waiting list for a parking permit We'll have to have a mini mini meet and go for a drive at some point
  16. I've seen so many Zeds in Bath, I've seen more today than I see in a month at home. Saw a lovely white 370Z Nismo earlier too, not sure if it's someone on here.
  17. I didn't want to say it, but yes it was filthy hahaha! I knew it was yours but couldn't find your username. Looks great, it was turning heads with people walking past
  18. Hello fellow Horshamer! Didn't get down to this as I'm away in Bath, looked good!
  19. Jp606

    TVR Owners?

    Didn't think of hiring one, that's a really good idea...
  20. Jp606

    TVR Owners?

    I kept looking at the same models as you recently, really awesome cars. From what I have read, as long as you find a model that's had all the common faults ironed out then you're good to go. However the odd expensive bill can come up. I'm still considering one, I do love my Z but it would have to go to fund a Tuscan. In an ideal world I'd have both but it's not really financially viable at the moment. I do use my Z at weekends only at the moment but also go on trips away around the UK at weekends etc and the unreliability/unpractical nature (noise etc) of a Tuscan puts me off a bit. (I can't imagine firing it up just to go up the shops sort of thing.) I managed to talk myself out of one until a blue Tuscan S rolled up next to me at the petrol station a few weeks ago! Spoke to the owner briefly about it and he gave it some beans as he left, sounded awesome.
  21. I'm sure I've seen this on here before but can't find it. 03 plate, with Nismo spoiler, red callipers and aftermarket wheels + stubby aerial and more.
  22. Nilfisk C110 and Autobrite HD foam lance.
  23. Only use Nissan coolant. Molyslip, you need one tube If you are doing gearbox oil then I'd recommend doing the rear differential oil whilst you are there, same procedure as gearbox, very easy. The Brembos are easy to bleed if you take your time, however you may prefer taking it to a mechanic like you say. If you do end up doing it yourself, the old fashioned two person method works best and be very careful of the bleed nipples as they can be seized, soak them in a proper penetrating fluid. I'd say any good DOT 4 will be alright, as you say you aren't tracking or driving the car hard so won't really benefit from the premium fluids.
  24. Looks like it's got a Zed Shed sticker on the rear window. Edit - tis this one http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59643-ddcboyles-diy-vinyl-update-10th-sept/
×
×
  • Create New...