Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. That's with a noisy aftermarket exhaust, standard it sounds like this
  2. Such a gorgeous car, you are very lucky!! I never realised how local you are to me too, I'll keep an eye out for you, would love to see this in the flesh
  3. Blue!
  4. just for fun So do I, but still do 10k miles a year! Do you just drive it in and out of your garage i work long hours drive a van all week start early finish latei'm on standby all this week which means i start work Mon 8:15 am and finish Fri 7:30 am so not much free time actually drive the car 1 or 2 days a week That's definitely the best way. I also drive a van all week, automatic slow VW Caddy, then jump in the Z at the weekend Makes it feel so much more special.
  5. just for fun So do I, but still do 10k miles a year! Do you just drive it in and out of your garage
  6. What do you actually use the car for? That's very low milage!!
  7. Has anyone heard of these aftermarket ones failing then? Lots of forum members have bought the arms from eBay and seem happy with them. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371035654556 I need new bushes so I'm going to replace mine with SuperPros, but for an extra £140 I might just replace the arms too.
  8. The Alfa 3.0 V6 in the GTV/Spider sounds like a diesel engine, not nice at all IMO.
  9. Jp606

    Keyed

    I'm sure mine has been done along the top of my boot lid, in front of the spoiler. It's only very light so you have to really be looking for it but it's not very deep, although saying that it didn't polish out. I'm sure it wasn't always there, and it runs across the entire length of the boot which makes it look like someone did it on purpose.
  10. Yeah I know, he said the sump plug itself hence the question! Whoops, yeah I meant sump plug washer!
  11. Motul 8100 is used by most on here, very good oil and well priced too, I've got no reason to use anything else. For the sake of a few extra quid stick a magnetic sump plug in there too
  12. for a complete servicing kit. If you're wanting to service everything then you want engine oil + filter and sump plug washer, genuine Nissan rear diff and gearbox oil (plus a tube of Molyslip if you want), genuine Nissan coolant, spark plugs and brake fluid (depending on when your brake fluid was last done). Note that it's important that certain fluids are genuine Nissan ones. I do my services myself, but if I was in your position I'd get someone that knows a Z to carry it out (ie not a Nissan garage.. They're only good for Micras)
  13. Really don't think the Nismo is worth the extra over a normal 370, so with that budget and those choices it would have to be the Mustang V8, but £35k is GTR territory.. I know what I'd rather have.
  14. A real petrol head looks past badge snobbery anyway, just ignore them, even though they are actually incorrect.
  15. Definitely Abbey Motorsport. Where are you in West Sussex? I have my car collected by Scott from Abbey as he lives near me which is very convenient very knowledgable guys.
  16. My Dad spotted you the other week, he said he saw a grey 350Z near town with massive exhaust tips I knew who that was straight away.
  17. It does come under F-gas regulations, only trained and suitably qualified personnel are allowed to work on the system. However buying gas doesn't seem to be regulated... (Although 'handling refrigerants' is) If the system has lost gas then there will be a leak on the system, which will need to be properly repaired by a qualified person, yet some how anyone can just buy these pre-charged canisters to charge the system themselves which will just leak back out. Any person could walk into a refrigeration supplier and buy as much gas as they want, it's just a massive grey area in the regulations. On the other hand, engineers are getting £1k fines per bottle of reclaimed gas for not carrying filled out paperwork with them. The weight of gas is for leak checking and maintenance, as vehicles gas charge falls under 3kg it doesn't need a regular inspection. R134a is also being phased out.
  18. The joys of being a refrigeration engineer with a big bottle of R134A left over from a job ages ago
  19. What about if it knocks when you do brake? I have a front end knock, can't see any wear on the bushes on both sides of mine, and it's not the drop links as they are new Whiteline ones, thinking it's the banana arm ball joint. Can't find play anywhere and nothing came up on a recent mot either.
  20. Jp606

    Had my Re-Map

    I have this on my HR too, map 4 for the highest throttle response is great when giving it some beans. I did accidentally put it into map 5 (valet mode) and plant the throttle this morning which was a shock, luckily no one was around to laugh though as it was early. For me, my car after an UpRev had a very noticeable difference, especially the extra power at the top end and the increased throttle response makes it much better to drive.
  21. Nice, looks like they've done an amazing job of that wrap. You must really struggle with speed bumps, being that low?
  22. Make sure the socket is a thin walled one too or it won't fit in the hole.
  23. 05 Blue roadster, was at the Shell garage near Broadbridge Heath, I doubt it's a member here as I was filling my Z up and they completely blanked me as if I was in a completely different car.. Other was a glimpse of the rear of a GM coupe in the Tesco Express car park near Roffey.
  24. Units are Nm (kg-m, ft-lb)
×
×
  • Create New...