Jump to content

DRP08

Members
  • Posts

    22
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRP08

  1. Thanks for all the replies guys! (Apologies for the delayed response - I think I locked myself out of my account!!) Definitely sounds like it’s a repair job rather than scrap, and a pretty unanimous decision at that!! My garage advised getting rid of it after looking underneath, but perhaps they wanted it off me for scrap value too?! ;-) I’ve had it 10 years now, and perhaps got a bit complacent about the regular maintenance, but there didn’t seem to be any issues before the MOT (ie still sounded like it was running smoothly). Ill get in touch with ZMAN, then it’s just a case of finding a garage that’s open! My usual one is closed - I’ve found one just down the road but first impression was a bit suspicious (people a bit dodgy, and can fit me in straight away). It has to get the car through MOT though, so can’t be too bad.......right?!! :-o
  2. Disaster! My 350Z has failed it’s MOT! It’s an 05 plate with 130k miles, and list of failure elements below. I wondered if the concensus was: 1) Scrap it (or sell privately as it is) - it’ll be a money pit from here on. If this was the case, does anyone else know a ballpark figure I might get for it? 2) Get the work done - either keep it, or sell it. Would be useful to know if this would work cost wise - roughly how much it’d cost to get it through the MOT, and how much I might get selling it with an MOT (Vs without). [or 3) keep it and plough money in to it because I love it!! Unfortunately, been furloughed recently, so probably not an option in he short term....] All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!! Thanks, MOT Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects): Nearside Front Tyre has ply or cords exposed (5.2.3 (d) (ii)) Nearside Front Wheel bearing so rough it is likely to overheat or break up (5.1.3 (b) (ii)) Repair immediately (major defects): Offside Front Headlamp not working on dipped beam (4.1.1 (a) (ii)) Front Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn Both wishbones (5.3.4 (a) (i))n
  3. Will do, thank you!!
  4. MOT due in a few days, and a headlight has typically just failed..... Garage has suggested that due to the cost of just the bulb, it might be worth getting it with the igniter pack as well? (Doesn’t mean too much to me, but I vaguely remember having a similar issue about 5 years ago......) Not looking for anything too fancy or spending too much as I’m not sure how much longer I’ll keep it, so has anyone got any suggestions on what to get and where to get it from? Thanks, Darren
  5. I'm the proud owner of a 05-plate Z with 126k miles on the clock. Unfortunately, as much as I love it, the issues are starting to build up: aircon needs replacing (according to local garage, who said they 'had to remove a belt'[?]), paintwork starting to peel in places, radio / CD player on last legs (stuck on radio with no presets), still with original SatNav............nothing major on it's own, and still (fingers crossed!) mechanically sound, but all taking that little bit of enjoyment away from driving it. The simple (logical??) option with that many miles on the clock might be to sell / scrap it and get a new car, but as anyone with a 350Z knows, it pains me to even think about it!! So 2 quick questions: 1) For those who've owned similar cars of a similar age, do you think it's worth persevering with? 2) If so, could anyone recommend someone - garage or individual - that could take a look at it to assess it and potentially carry out a bit of a mini-overhaul? I do a lot of travel between South Wales and London, so anywhere in that region would be a bonus! Although I love driving the car 'as it deserves to be driven', I'm not a 'boy racer', so just want it back up to a good standard rather than souped up or any major modifications (although as I type this, open to suggestions!) Thanks, Darren
×
×
  • Create New...