Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. Hi fellow members, I have decided to sorn the zed over the winter months despite many recommending to keep it running. My reason for doing so is based upon hardly using the car and the foreseeability of removing parts for modification etc. The car will be stored in a dry garage. My question to you is what do I need to do in order to prevent any gremlins rearing their heads upon revival next year? I have carried out the following thus far; - Thorough clean including clay, pre wax and wax. - Oil change - Coolant change - New / fully charged battery - Tyre pressures checked - Half a tank of fuel (usually near empty ) My aim is to start her every 2-3 weeks with the option of a short trip around the garage fourcourt and/or housing area. This will be a two minute run if I do decide this, although it will be breaking the law and potentially of little value. I am fairly certain that many do take their cars off of the road over the winter months, what should I be aware of? Apart from PC plod now Thanks
  2. Ceejay29

    Tool Set

    +1 .....a mechanic that qualifies the old man. Can't see architect anywhere
  3. Ceejay29

    Tool Set

    Ok so I need to hunt down a trade card I presume that you cannot use them online? Otherwise it would be easily transferable. Thanks
  4. Ceejay29

    Tool Set

    Cool not such a daft idea after all! Thanks for the input, extremely helpful and puts my concerns to bed.
  5. Ceejay29

    Tool Set

    Hi Guys, I am after a half decent tool set but am unsure as to what to go for? What I do know is that I will not be buying Snap-On. I have been looking at the Halford's sets; notably the one linked below but can imagine that I probably wouldn't use half of the kit for the zed? http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-150-piece-socket-ratchet-spanner-set Any suggestions would be great Thanks
  6. The bronze look sweet!!
  7. Sounds probable for the PAS; coolant should be a direct fit. Both based upon the Weapon-R setup
  8. Ah Rich you know my old man; Station Garage? He mentioned that you had purchased a zed and would be joining the forum. A belated (Apologies if I am completely wrong!)
  9. GT4 Zed's?
  10. Do you mind if I ask why you are selling Vlad?
  11. Maybe they added the "deducted cost" of the paint job to other areas of the invoice; ie the brake lines? Those vandals need to be shot!!
  12. He has had a bit of stick in his absence, amongst lots of advice/support I should add.
  13. ^^ intrigued now!
  14. There should be a cap on how many you can apply for!
  15. Nice Zed; GLWTS Surprising that you are not splitting the carbon interior...
  16. 15Ks worth! That takes the pi55! Needless to say that I was also unsuccessful!
  17. Exactly why it will suit lots of Zeds these days You're right Dave because nobody ever "chavs" up a Jag do they, ....or do they? I think tweed would suit it better
  18. mental. Could you even get the power down?
  19. For the Akebono's? Out of interest, how much do they retail for? Are they road legal? Probably seems like a silly question but have a feeling that I may have read about compliance issues?
  20. Looks good, perfect colour match throughout! Really want a catch can myself.
  21. Morning all, I managed to fit the hoses and coolant overflow tank amongst many other things yesterday. Thought that I had bled the system ok but an overheating issue would suggest otherwise. Coolant appears to be flowing out of the tank ventilation tube. Photo attached; Any suggestions? Looks like I won't be attending any meets today Many thanks
  22. Ceejay29

    What a sound!!

  23. Love the fly pics!! ....Cars not that shabby either!
  24. I have had a bad experience with bonnets and couriers in the past. Wouldn't recommend posting them! Shame
×
×
  • Create New...