Jump to content

HARMLU

Members
  • Posts

    435
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HARMLU

  1. Do you get a heat shield with the injen? Not sure if it makes much difference anyway
  2. Does it have a smurf on the back? Saw this the other day parked in Bournemouth.
  3. I do perhaps 4k a year now, car is on 90k on a 54 plate. I do make sure I change the oil each year though, so I think if you look at service intervals carefully you should be ok. Oil needs to be changed every year, coolant every 2 years (I think) etc etc What you don't want is a car doing 3k a year and oil change every 10k!
  4. You can't polish a turd! Seriously, get some second hand brembos as bounty said... You won't regret it!
  5. Glad you got it sorted nothing worse than not knowing the fault. A good write up for anybody who may encounter similar problems in the future
  6. I thought the yellow one was an F355... Must be my eyes!
  7. Basically what they said^^ I wouldn't be put off by a higher mileage car. I would much rather a 90k car that's been looked after than a 40k car that hasn't. I am sure you are aware if you have been reading through the forums but I am going to say it anyway... The zed should not be run on standard 95 ron unleaded. Good luck with the hunt!
  8. Just beautiful!
  9. HARMLU

    Lovin' this!

    Means the current gtr should drop price! Edit: does anyone know how to use smilies on tapatalk? Just invested £2.99 on it
  10. I got the exact same one. DO NOT fit the pipe. I noticed the inside had metal filings. I fitted the filter on its own to replace my pop charger and lasted 10 minutes before going rusty. I now have an aem short ram. Can't fault it and is a premium quality kit. If you don't like noise, just go for a panel filter.
  11. HARMLU

    canards

    Reflectors will probably get in the way
  12. Give rt performance a message! :-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. Like it! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  14. Did you feel any difference with the plenum spacer? Not really, if anything at all. To get the gain, you will need to uprev your car. I think then you will notice a difference but mostly will be from the re map. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  15. Latest he put in that number plate was private so would have to wait 2 weeks for collection... Bye bye deposit whoever paid that! Could be wrong of course!
  16. This is really bad luck. I hope you get it sorted. They seem to be a reputable company from what you have already said so I would just go in explain the situation without getting the daggers out. Seems there has been a trend of engines giving up recently
  17. Plus "so the collection date will be 2 weeks later" Trading Standard or Inland Revenue, who would be most interested ? I'll re word it just to be clear. He said he wasn't in until the auction ended... I interpreted that as I couldn't come and see it! Just seems a bit iffy to me along with his low feedback score and previous feedback comment. Lovely looking car though!
  18. The guy didn't allow me to look at it. Plus number plate isn't recognised on DVLA, could be a little dodgy?
  19. Does it sound like an air leak whine if that makes sense?
  20. Good choice on the zed. You won't regret it!
  21. HARMLU

    Oil light?

    +1.Got to hate that darn dipstick though. Worst designed thing on the Zed and probably any other car, period. I keep getting oil splatters on my shiny hard pipe A lot of blown engines recently, highlights the importance of checking oil levels regularly
  22. without going , there are plenty of specific oil threads recommending 5w30. For that reason and for the reason I do not have oil issues, I would not put anything else in. I believe that if you have a revup model, you should just accept the oil loss as a trait of the car and top up accordingly. That's my opinion. Bringing it back on topic now (and coming away from the Dblock shlong measuring competition), I would say that the OP needs to get some seperate opinions on the tapping, perhaps from a few different garages. By putting a thicker oil in, you are not curing the problem. My car has just hit 90k, doesn't lose a drop between services (maybe that's because I only do 4k a year). It also is a very quiet engine without any suspect tapping. My advice would be to follow Alex's advice and check valve clearances and wear on the cam lobes. Changing the cams is a pretty hefty job, but cross that bridge if needed. Good luck and let us all know how you get one
  23. Tell me where it isn't the right oil? I'm not going to argue the toss. You have your opinion, I have mine.
  24. Good news! Love the feeling of relief when these things happen!
  25. why... because it's not the correct oil for the engine. I cannot comment on the revup engine and what owners do to overcome their oil 'issues' as mine is not. Just wondering if the OP's is a revup and they know what oil is in the car at the moment? Always a good start to know what fluids you have
×
×
  • Create New...