Jump to content

brillomaster

Members
  • Posts

    4,054
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by brillomaster

  1. what did you replace the 350z with when you sold it? I figure life is too short to go back to the same car, so of the two i'd upgrade to the 370z. or maybe give something else a go, for the same money as a 370z you'd get a great condition E46 M3.
  2. I think CS fitted mine for £60, I think. but yeah, maybe 1 - 1.5 hrs labour, depending on if any bolts are severely rusted.
  3. up the duty on tobacco, and cap childcare benefits. people need to drive, people don't need to smoke and have a million children.
  4. So who has bets on it reaching £1 a litre? I reckon its going to do it! been dropping like a stone recently, 105.9 at a few forecourts round leamington now.
  5. assuming the custom exhaust isnt excessively loud, i probably wouldnt bother keeping it. its older, heavier, quieter and probably rustier than a custom one, which i imagine will have a guarantee as well.
  6. Sell it to MCook, i'm sure he'll be needing it!
  7. Hmmmm interesting! will be interested in the various driver/team changes in the coming months!
  8. woah woah woah, so you pay £192 a year to cover what, appliance damage? you could buy a new washing machine every year for that much money, how often do new appliances break down, should be guaranteed for at least 2 years. I used to pay money for boiler cover in the event it goes wrong, but since our boiler is quite old and parts availability is limited, I sacked it in and decided i'd be better off saving up an emergency fund instead, and buying a new one when it breaks.
  9. stick some pennies (or in your case, 5c coins) in them - about 3 coins a side, works every time now.
  10. I think france is the other way around as well, with diesel being cheaper normally?
  11. +1 on traveling a bit to see a specialist - especially for a full service. might not be so worried if it was just an oil change but for a full service i'd rather take it to someone who knows zeds. plus, its a great excuse to put some miles on your new motor!
  12. I remember a while back we were returning from a university club trip in a minibus... in Kenilworth theres a ford with a raised footpath alongside it. As it was after some heavy rain there was about a foot of water to drive through - most other drivers crawled through it in first gear, but the driver of our minbus decided it would be an excellent idea to gun it and went through at about 40mph - the splash was about 6ft high, I feel bad for the half dozen people walking alongside at the time!
  13. At first I was like, why is it only for the drivers side? and then I remembered the asymmetric doorcard design I actually quite like these, might have to order one for myself!
  14. lets see, bought on 41800, now on 67500 2 years and 11 months later - so, 8800 a year. its my daily, although I car share to commute to work.
  15. I think im the same as keyser - had six road cars now, and all but one has been faster and more powerful than the one that preceded it. the normal reason for change is the realisation that I can now afford a certain car - either purchase price or insurance. I remember when I first looked at a 300ZX twin turbo, and I was like 'HOW MUCH!?!' to buy it (£3000) and 'HOW MUCH!?!?!' to insure it (~£550) once I had that information, keeping my MX5 suddenly lost its appeal! Next car will most definitely be more powerful than the zed was, have seen a few options (all starting with BMW) just need to save up a bit more and decide exactly which 300bhp+ coupe to get!
  16. nice one, post up what they say as I should really get some rusty arches looked at as well!
  17. whereabouts in the midlands? a place called Spa Garage on Old Warwick Rd in Leamington Spa did some great work on my old 300zx, could give them a try.
  18. reckon i can beat that! standard is 107.9 here now, so if super is its usual 5p extra, that would make it 112.9p. or in other words, a proper bargain!
  19. brillomaster

    mpss

    96 and 100 is the load rating , Y is the speed rating. 100 will likely be extra load tyres, designed for slightly heavier vehicles.
  20. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned suspension yet? I used to have a mk2 and did some gym khana and the standard suspension was so wobbly... Put some koni springs and dampers on and it was transformed, highly recommended!
  21. Welcome from leamington spa! Have to say, your car history is remarkably similar to mine. Hopefully see you around ☺
  22. Great photos, thanks for them! Will have to return when the weather is better, say around may time?
  23. Mainly trackday related... managed 12 trackdays this year, would like to do at least 10 next year, and get the trackcar sorted to a better level - tyres and suspension mainly. Would love to drive spa and get down to Le man's this year, will see how that goes. Other than that, I've done the proposal this year, so should try and get married next year!
  24. Thanks for the drive out lads! Think we did alright considering, managed to get a few good runs in. Bit wet in places, but no ice. Looking forward to seeing a few pics if posible!
  25. Slight change of plan for tomoro... We're now meeting at 11am for anyone planning to join us!
×
×
  • Create New...