Jump to content

Gudzy

Moderators
  • Posts

    1,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gudzy

  1. A colleague has one and he much preferred his mx5 but he needed more seats.
  2. Gudzy

    NinjaZ makeover!

    I like it, the dark highlights compliment the azure blue well. I think doing the door handles to match would make it look even better.
  3. Fiat are just copying what mini do, so expect a fiat 500 coupe soon.
  4. OK thanks, will save me buying a new set then.
  5. I've been given some yokohama tyres that a friend has used on track during the summer to go on my new 19" wheels, but it looks like a couple of them have got quite hot and picked up a lot of rubber. I can pick it off with my hands with a bit of effort, but should I just throw these away or should they be ok, I don't really have any experience with tyres that have been tracked. He seems to think they'll be fine and it'll fall off after running them a bit but I'm not so sure. They've still all got about 6mm of tread left so it seems a waste if they are fine underneath, but obviously don't want anything unsafe on and I'll just get a new set of falken/ vreds if not. Some pictures of the worst one can be found here, I can get some more if needs be: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/Gudzy/Tyres/
  6. 0 offset is when the stud holes are at the middle of the wheel. Positive means they are more towards the side you see, so they will sit further into the wheel arch. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_(wheel)
  7. It's even cheaper parked on the road than on the driveway.
  8. Gudzy

    20 Inch Rims

    Original tyre size is 225 45 18 front and 245 45 18 back. The traction control expects for the rear tyre to be larger and so can kick in when just travelling normally, as it thinks the rear wheel is going too fast. There have been people with the same size tyre and some have problems and others don't, but if I was buying fresh rubber I'd stagger them properly. I think I'd be looking at 255 30 20 front and 285 30 20 rear but someone else which actually runs 20s should be along to advise. Personally I think 20s look too big when I've seen them but that's just my opinion. Between the falken and the vreds I'd choose the vreds if there is only a £15 difference.
  9. I didn't really enjoy being a passenger in my brothers Elise, it's a car to drive rather than one to be driven around in. Plus it can be a pain to get in without the roof off.
  10. They have done that, a diesel nozzle is larger than a petrol one and doesn't normally fit in a petrol car.
  11. Have a search for "dual boot" on google which is having 2 operating systems and you then choose which one to use on startup. At uni we had windows, mac osx and fedora as a tri boot but I tended to just use windows. My lecturer had never used windows and was a big mac fan.
  12. Cheers Coldel for the heads up, I've bought these. Watch this space, they are going to be changing colour...
  13. Some companies will match it or give some bonus to try and get the business. It doesn't help those of us with a shed. My 2nd car is an impreza sport (meaning there's no turbo), if I'm driving it in winter instead of the zed I think I should have a reduced premium overall as I'm driving a safer car for the conditions and which has a lower value, but that's another matter. I work at a specialist motorhome insurer and we will match the NCD that you have on your car in certain circumstances (limits on number of claims and convictions).
  14. I'll take it, sending PM...
  15. Did you have this in the 350Z? If so any pics?
  16. It's snowing here in West Yorkshire now. It was forecast to snow pretty much all over England today.
  17. I find that the K1 with bungs in it is a lot more manageable. I suppose the roadster will be louder though anyway. I do tend to leave them out but then my commute doesn't involve anything over 40mph, they always go in if I'm going onto a motorway.
  18. That's not my experience. I always planned on getting a turbo/ wrx impreza but found insurance was going to come out about double for the Subaru as it did for a zed, so I got the zed instead. Convertible Zeds were about double the cost of a coupe insurance wise for me though, so a convertible zed would be comparable to an impreza wrx in my experience.
  19. Having a claim on your record will still likely add to the insurance cost, protected no claims just means the level of no claims discount offered isn't reduced by having a claim. They still take the claim into account when assessing the risk. When getting some quotes through admiral my dad had a no fault claim just before renewal (neighbour reversed into his parked car) and that bumped the prices up about 40% than without it, using the same levels of no claims bonus.
  20. Most people on here seem to recommend the scorpion as the best budget system, Japspeed don't really have a great reputation on here for fitting well or for having good customer service.
  21. I don't see any headlights washers on that N2 bumper, so looks like it'd be an MOT fail...
  22. Tell me about it, I've just aloted £1,100 for tyres suspension gubbings and some other bits and I really shouldn't be looking at this, as my original plan was to strip my carbon boot of paint and do a black top half of the car, but sure it wouldn't look very nice. Edit : I might just have a play with Photoshop Mine has a black roof, tinted window and wiper delete. I'm tempted by a carbon bonnet after seeing the ksport zed.
  23. I'm up for this if I can get a decent picture done in the daylight, or maybe one at night would be best if I have to be included anyway!
  24. It's got the full nismo N1 kit which is made up of a front bumper, spoiler, side skirts and rear spats.
  25. How long did this take roughly? I'm thinking of seeing if a garage would do it and I'd like an idea of how much they should be charging.
×
×
  • Create New...