Jump to content

Keyser

Members
  • Posts

    9,959
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Keyser

  1. Ouch...... definate project there where you based ?
  2. Hello and Welcome GLWS
  3. Are you going to make a hole for handbrake adjustment? I did think about it - and decided no (this may come back and bight me in the arse later! I adjusted them by turning the adjuster a few clicks at a time try the disk anoter fwe clicks until the disk would not go on then dropped it back 2 clicks the handbrake is spot on now. Of course whenit then wears a ring inside the disk and the rust/corrosion builds up - will I get the disks off again without damaging the shoes? Time will tell.
  4. We need a "PM Sarnie" smiley
  5. Thanks for the feed back. The kit was on ebay - The advert said --- ebay ad -------- K-Sport 330mm REAR Big Brake Kit Upgrade for Nissan 350Z / Z33 / Fairlady Z (JDM Import) Floating 2-Piece 330mm diameter x 32mm vented and grooved discs 6 Pot aluminium billet callipers Alloy bells, compatible with existing handbrake Probably the weakest link in the otherwise great 350Z.... brakes. Even Brembo models use woefully skinny rear discs. I bought these for my 2003 350Z, but have now sold the car so they need to go. I had the 18" RAYS alloys and there was plenty of clearance - not sure this would fit the 17" JDM wheels. The kit is complete and includes: (Ksport advert here) and ...... Listed as 'NEW - OTHER' as the kit had been fitted to my car, but removed immediately after due to an issue fitting the front kit - pads have never even brushed against discs. You can still see the factory finish on the disc surface. Some very minor tarnishing where the discs were de-greased and handled before storage. If I am being picky, there is also some minor surface rust on the bracket fitting bolts, again from handling & fitting, but nothing to affect assembly or operation. ---end ebay ad -------- So either the fitment issue was more than just the front? or they are for the import - but that should make no difference as the Brembos are a straight swap. Also possible they are for a different MY or perhaps the guy I got them from got the wrong kit????? The D2's were a simple bolt on job the Ksport should have been the same - as far as I know they come from the same factory the difference is the colour. The other interesting thing is Ksport don't seem to advertise the 6 pot rear anymore ??? http://www.ksport.co.uk/order.asp?id=209&loc=4 Of course the one other possibility is I'm a Muppet and did something wrong in the fitment but I can't see any other way of doing it and I tried them all - it is interesting that they came with 2 sets of mounts so they must be slightly universal? Anyway apart from the alignment everything else is fine the PCD and the inner hub for the handbrake all fits fine (no hole to adjust the handbrake through though) But with Woody's help and a few minutes on an end mill I now have them fitted so I shall find out how they do.
  6. Many Happy returns to one and all
  7. Thought I'd let you all know - I popped in to see Woody this morning at the machine shop, dropped of my zorst for the replacement flexi to be welded in and my SC pipes for modification - he has all the kit to weld stainless and aluminium so I'll let him sort those. Picked up the Ksport calliper mounts that I dropped off at the beginning of the week to be milled down 2mm which he had done he said they came out OK variation was less than + - 0.1mm Test fit - Absolutely spot on all tightened up and they now sit true over the new pads and disks I'm a very happy chappy rear brakes - sorted! So last thing I rolled the Zed out covered her over outside and pulled the covers of this ready for the weekends fun Stay tuned. That's all folks ................................
  8. If he/she parked it there using the handbrake while the other 2 cars were there then I'm impressed
  9. Looking good mate Like the seats, NOS is She's gonna be a monster Looking forwards to some track time with you late summer maybe? keep the updates coming
  10. Sorry mate bad news that
  11. Hi Christopher, just tried the site in IE 8 and firefox for you In Both if I follow your link they are fine, however in IE from the home page click on 370 or 350 the exhaust sub menu does not display so youy can't get to the link. Firefox is fine on everything Hope it Helps
  12. Cool another build project take lots of pics - we like pics Good luck with it hope it works out well and most of all you have fun doing it.
  13. Thought he just did the cheese board and drinks ???
  14. OK Hand up I'm I flyer 3.5M LD (little Devil) and 3m flexifoil Blade Not that I get much time but do like em when the wind is up
  15. Hello and Welcome
  16. Looking good mate I will be following for tips Just one question the bushes in the spring carrier make it as long as possible - I though the uppers were as long as possible that sort of beats the effect - or I got em backwards Not a problem as they will need adjusting when you do the alignment.
  17. Looking good mate I will be following for tips Just one question the bushes in the spring carrier make it as long as possible - I though the uppers were as long as possible that sort of beats the effect - or I got em backwards Not a problem as they will need adjusting when you do the alignment.
  18. Love em my old GM had tints - going to get this one done as well
  19. Love em my old GM had tints - going to get this one done as well
  20. Looking
  21. Looking
  22. Hi and Welcome
  23. Hi and Welcome
  24. A new gearbox?? Apart from a little noise that now appears to have stopped are you having other problems then? Gearbox should be fine - and if your on the first clutch it can't have had a very hard life! Cool on the SC BTW - which one you going for?
×
×
  • Create New...