-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Nooooo not the pub! That’s totally essential!
-
I think its clear that there is an NHS emergency coming, if not already - the context I responded to was around the panic shopping that is going on which is driven 90% by the media miss-information being broadcast to get clicks, views, papers bought - it had nothing to do with government or ministers, in fact behind closed doors retail leaders are absolutely spitting blood about the utter rubbish being released by the media in the hunt for viewership. There is more than enough food, hell easily enough bog roll. Its the pressure that it has put on the supply chain to get the stuff out and to stores especially the smaller more remote ones which do not have the scaled localised storage facilities - the one thing that wont be closed down is the food supply to the population.
-
Seen this doing the rounds and people calling it a 'prediction' although its already been pointed out that the work of fiction also says that the virus has a mortality rate of 100% and various other points to note about it, all of which bear no resemblance to the current coronavirus (but hey why ruin a good paragraph of text because they year happen to be right). Given the millions of fictional books written, some are bound to have coincidental 'truths' but are nothing more than that, just pure luck and coincidence.
-
What’s changed is that broadcasters have realised they get higher viewership if they say we are all going to die than if they say don’t panic.
-
IF it goes ahead
-
On so many levels
-
Yep run an extension lead out! Not ideal but needs must!
-
Haven't moved the car for nearly two weeks, usually that would mean battery charger time - popped it open and boom fired up immediately. Whoopee! The old girl needed a detail. So it went something like this: Auto Finesse Avalanche Gyeon Bathe+ Korrosol Clay Mitt DA Polisher + Scholl Concepts Soft99 wax Outcome: Also saw on the FB pages a guy selling smoked Elise wing indicators, bearing in mind these are the little indicators without bulbs...FOUR HUNDRED QUID. I liked them, but good god two little bits of plastic for four hundred quid seemed excessive. So onto ebay, £3 bit of flyeye, a hobby knife, a steady hand and I ended up with Not a bad saving of £397 but lets see how long it hangs on in there
-
First thing I thought of when I saw it...
-
Given the anti-immune drugs I have to take for my chronic arthritis I have the immunity of a 90 year old, so even at 44 years old I am a little worried
-
Aye I agree, but the initial point to this discussion was 'do I catch it now' and in short I think the answer is no. The NHS is traditionally under stress this time of year still due to the back end of flu season, its already having to deal with a fast changing situation with the virus. The last thing we need are people trying to get it, as in effect that undermines the whole point of delay - we need to allow time for the health services to corroborate globally, work out what this is, how to combat it and resource up accordingly - all at the same time as dealing with day to day health issues which are at their peak at this time of year.
-
The NHS is dealing with flu season still, so the point of “catching it now” is not a good one as they are already stretched. Delay and slow is the aim so that people catch it over a longer period of time to spread the load. If we all went out of our way to catch it now the NHS would collapse in on itself.
-
From what I have read they are deliberately trying to do delay the spread at the moment so that people catch it as late in the year as possible as we are still in high Flu season and resources are already stretched. Also by delaying it they have more time to react and put resource in place for the inevitable increase in cases.
-
The whole pasta thing is bizarre, given the amount of other food available that has long shelf life that remains untouched. All based on the media frenzy unfortunately telling people how to behave and what to do.
-
I know mate, was just kidding
-
Bah, its just a knocking noise, just turn up the stereo and carry on
-
People are a bit short of cash with all that bog roll they now have stored in their house.
-
For my DE I spent about a grand on a used aftermarket exhaust (about £400) bought sports cats another £400 plenum spacer (£100) and stillen induction kit (used £60) then paid £350 for the remap. I got an extra 16bhp at peak (remember this is just peak improvement, at lower revs you are looking at increases of something like 3-8bhp. You gotta be prepared that you will not get noticable extra speed, but you will get noticable drive improvements i.e. removing flat spots etc.
-
I guess if you are spending almost nothing on the car in fuel I would be asking why have it? To be honest I would be more concerned about potential depreciation you incur than the circa £200 a year/£16 a month extra on the VED.
-
Love the way nano 'tech' is actually a cloth with vegetable oil in it - some real tech there
-
Have to say reading the packet, I was pretty much laughing my ass off - what a complete and utter joke
-
Personally, considering the amount of money you spend on fuel, insurance, VED, maintenance, modifications the extra 200 quid tax on an HR if its the right car should never be a deal breaker.
-
As I understand it, the rev-up has marginally more power but also marginally less torque. Performance wise no noticeable difference between the two. I think you are better off buying a good DE car rather than stretching and buying a dog HR and make sure you have some budget left over to spend on stuff, these cars don't sound great stock, most you may have heard have had full exhaust changes along with decats or sports cats - anything stock is very quiet.
-
I work in a sizable retail group and just had a chat with senior management, there are no problems in the supply chain for getting toilet rolls or dried pasta, the only thing struggling is hand sanitiser due to the lack of suppliers. But otherwise there are tonnes of bog roll sat there ready to go, its just a case of shifting it all this week based on the uptick of purchasing. Lets just say retail leaders are less than pleased with the utter bu11sh1t parts of the media have been putting out there...