-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
For a standard bit of kit on an ageing car, the BOSE is fine and not far off most modern setups IMO
-
Wolf Even though you have a Vauxhalll Wolf in sheep's clothing Deffo try out a T350, although reading the original post, cheap to run? Porsche's and the like most certainly aren't.
-
I am now the voice of Lotus
-
Ah just go mental and get an Exige http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/2006-exige-s--270-bhp--sport-pack--touring-pack--10k-upgrades/1480483 30+ mph and supercar performance
-
There are a few You Tube vids I posted up about these being tested and they do nowt
-
The Sun and their ilk are poor from the angle I was looking at it though, I read an article in the Mail the other day whilst waiting in a cafe and even in the first two paragraphs I read 'the murderous Assad' along with the 'utterly horrendous crimes committed by the monstrous Syrian army' etc etc. They don't report the news Fact, they report the news Sensation. In the same way Clarkson will ignore all positive aspects of a Zed and just go on about how he can't fit his dog in the boot of the car so therefore its not a good car. I am sure the language in The Sun is perfectly good, whoever what the ideas behind the text and the message they push is shockingly poor.
-
Looking at his history, he does have substantial journalistic background especially in cars and has done well to forge his own way in life. That said, I don't have to agree that his current approach to 'motoring entertainment' is all that great. Top Gear is a show for people who know not a lot about cars, anyone with any savvy would not go there for car reviews, informed advice or information. Unfortunately it has become the equivalent of "The Sun" newspaper in car terms in that it writes stuff that the general populous want to hear, not what is actually anywhere near the truth.
-
I imagine the dash works better in reality than any pictures would show. It is hard to envisage as we are so programmed to looking at dials. Cracking money though for a proper soft top (not a coupe converted one) which looks great top up or down.
-
Good luck with the sale - Darren's knowledge of what goes on under the hood of Zeds and cars in general is pretty much second to none bar the people that do this for a living. You can know for sure this car is in tip top condition and will give many a smile per mile to whoever it ends up going to. Fingers crossed it doesn't get broken up and goes to an equally good home as where it currently resides.
-
Spotted: immaculate supercharged 350z for sale
coldel replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Spotted or Flyered
Good luck with the sale mate - glad I had the pleasure of following this car through the country lanes of Kent recently. There is a buyer out there for it somewhere at that price, worth having a go like you say to see if they find it, I did and sold mine within a couple of weeks at the asking price after being told it was overpriced and would never sell and that I should strip it. -
Spotted: immaculate supercharged 350z for sale
coldel replied to Adrian@TORQEN's topic in Spotted or Flyered
Onwards and upwards Darren! Painful to sell I know, but always look forwards to the next project -
If you want to buy something to 'stick in the garage' you could do a lot worse than an S1 Exige, they are already appreciating and can be gotten for around £20k and are a much bigger step up from the S1 Elise than the Nismo is from the 370. Not sure why I can't put my finger on it but can't see the Nismo becoming anything other than a cult car amongst Nissan 2 seater aficionados than a classic to the general motoring fraternity at large.
-
I never understood how the designers at Jaguar stood back and went "you know what thats it we got it" I mean why oh why would you have such a huge back end sticking out like that its hideous. If it wasn't for that it would be on my list of cars to buy.
-
Saturday evening around 7pm ish I think it was, wife and I were staying in a B&B down the road and we were walking along a country lane and you pulled away and drove past us. I nearly waved but she stopped me!
-
19s on each corner would absolutely finish what is looking a stunning car
-
Can someone lockup my credit/debit cards for me please?
coldel replied to wmr1980's topic in 350Z Modifications
Think I added up the main mod bits on my Zed when I had it when I got to £4k ish I stopped as I didnt want to give myself a heart attack...although I am sure there are guys on here who have spent x3 that! -
That actually makes sense, I guess what I meant was maybe not "more" of them physically but more affordable by the general population.. does that make sense? Indeed it does In the same way all top spec Range Rovers start in Chelsea then get sold off around the country
-
Not sure how that works? Surely there will be the same amount of cars around in a few years time (most likely less) as they need to be bought in the first place? There were 10k 350z's on the road 5 years ago, some have died, so there are now only 8k but they are much cheaper. Of course I am talking UK cars, you could import older cars cheaper in years to come which would up the numbers.
-
...and buy something cheap - I got my VX after 6 months of searching for the right one - everyone says I should track it but I don't want to scratch it as its immaculate haha
-
Exactly that - I currently think that all two seater sports cars should be built like my VX, but hey what do I know its just my opinion
-
I would go for another car - MX5 or MR2 3rd gen probably good bets, quite a few mk1 mx5s kicking around for sale which are supercharged which would be a good blast. As above, the brakes and various other perishables would cost you an arm and a leg if you went tracking often.
-
Would be very interested to hear the other 5.... Well its not my claim of half a dozen but I would stick in there something like a Lotus Elise, BMW 1 Series M Sport, have been passenger in Z4 2.8 which was fun but havent driven it. Of course are we excluding dafter cars like Caterhams and Westfields which are also in that price bracket which are infinitely more fun to drive but lack the practical points. We could also look outside your 2 seater options at the Renaultsport Meganes which are utterly brilliant fun cars.
-
You are going to have to polish all the metal on display under the back there, I can see some quite a bit of dirt under there
-
Cant believe we are having a debate about 'handling' on a Zed, we all know even if the Nismo is superior to a stock one it will still handle like a boat compared to most sports cars Just my opinion!
-
I don't think its anywhere near this simple. Although appreciate that you are trying to keep the thought process less muddled. A shoddy dealership job will cost you more before you sell it having to sort out the mess they cause. Yes you can take it back, hassle them, get it done again but my time is money in my book. Like a post above, wouldnt touch a dealership not a single one. Various members of my family who have been repairing cars since WWII all say the same thing, steer clear.