Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. OK, so I am changing/improving some of the interior on the Skyline - at the moment it has a genuine red stitch GTR gear knob which is a bit worn. I am getting in new gear and handbrake gaiters which are black with white stitch (and I have plastidipped the dash white) - so a chunky black and red gear knob is not the way forwards. Something black with some accent of white or a small amount of metal/alu but generally it needs to be black. I am looking specifically for a knob which doesnt have a screw thread - reason being that the stick is quite high and I want the knob to sit lower so would prefer grub screw only knobs. I just want to slide it on and screw it in place. So, give me some ideas
  2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28210416
  3. Good call on the M6, loving the big old V8/V10s!
  4. I went to a VX220 post Zed just a polar opposite of comfort GT touring to hard core corner hugging mentalism. Now in an R33!
  5. Must admit I am tempted by the Supra as a next car, they are knocking on a bit now so you will need to do some work on them to get them up to what we might consider to be more modern standards - they can look stunning though It is a 20 year old design, I would expect in ten years time there will be plenty of people saying how out of date the 350z looks. The engine though is stunning and reliable by modern standards, if you like a tinker, you can put a lot of power increases through it at a low cost. Handling wise its easily improved with some strut bracing and coilovers. 350z is the safer bet probably more comfortable and better on the petrol mpg, Supras are a lot rarer and a bit different with plenty more speed.
  6. coldel

    The R33

    Cheers Neil, gave Dave the bits but forgot to give Katy the manual, still in my boot, next time!
  7. Pads are not brembo, never heard of veco or tp? The pads also look used as there is paint flaking off?
  8. Ive seen this done a few times and if you wrap it in the film not to the ends of the panels you can see the line across the car. So either do it all or further enrage your OCD!
  9. What Stu said, 2-3bhp is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things. I would definitely not opt for an exhaust that sounded in my mind no where near how I want my car to sound for the sake of a few bhp - that just seems daft. Clearly the better made, higher quality exhausts are going to give better flow of air and hence better serve the engine. In the case of exhausts you get what you pay for in that respect however with most people making roughly similar gains on here I really don't think its worth worrying about - in terms of exhaust, go for the noise. Not sure how many threads you have been reading about Berks HFC failing MoT - most threads I have read over the last 3 or 4 years show it passing. Occasionally you get fails but the majority pass - you just need to be patient and really warm the cat up before and during the test.
  10. coldel

    The R33

    Well I am out of plastidip now haha
  11. coldel

    The R33

    Damn you! You are right, but it means getting it all out again...cannie be bothered. Mind you, did the door pull and it kinda improves it I think
  12. Bloody hell, were you travelling at some pace?!
  13. I can't imagine what ure likely to suggest....
  14. I am also in that lost zone of music at the moment - I was of the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Oasis type age of music and nothing recently has really come close in terms of creating an album with ten brilliant songs on, maybe 2 or 3 but not a properly good album. I did however buy AVICII which was really good. Only album I have bought in about five years!
  15. coldel

    The R33

    Well, few more developments Front bumper repaired by TGM all looks like new happy days. Also, seeing as not much opportunity to head out today, thought I would try something on the interior which I have been wanting to try for a little while but not had time...plastidip! Not the best job in the world, a few little bits and pieces on it but wanted to see how it looked before I committed to something more permanent like aqua dipping. I have new handbrake and gear gaiters on the way which are black with white stitch which will make it all go a bit better. Also considering getting a black with white stitch steering wheel replacement. Also took the opportunity to remove the HICAS led from the display clocks so it doesn't come up every time
  16. Just picked up a used iMac (2007!) for Rebecca, its running on snow leopard, anyone tried sticking mavericks on a machine that old? its been reformatted and has 4gb of memory...
  17. Might be at this in the Skyline but with a handful of of people off the Skyline forum, as above will come over say HEEEELOOOOOO
  18. Yeah no point limping all that way - all it takes is a bit too much and you have a four figure repair bill!
  19. Well if you are stuck out somewhere, wait till it cools down and nurse it home, if you are at home I wouldn't drive it off somewhere till you figure out what is wrong...heat is VERY bad for engines.
  20. Might have to change my post on the dream garage thread!
  21. Checked for leaks? Belts connected OK? Is fan working ok? Did the temp gauge read hot or was it normal?
  22. In that second photo from that angle there is something 'Hakosuka' about it, me likey.
  23. The non-mechanic type person here would just mention checking all around the car to isolate the source of the noise, make sure the exhaust/manifold is not loose and rattling etc. If all that checks out, listen to the experts
  24. Pulled up to get some bulbs for the wifes focus and there you were!
×
×
  • Create New...