Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. The chap doing the work also happens to work as a trimmer for a car company beginning with B and rhymes with sently He owns a VX220 hence how I came to find out about him
  2. Sneak preview of the seats and some of the door work
  3. To be honest its taken me 6 minutes to read all of the responses back and forth, so you got the equivalent of another 4 minutes worth of posts to go ...
  4. Welcome along Wayne, have a browse of the forum plenty of posts already exist to help with your questions
  5. I would just reduce the risk and put your money elsewhere... Customer service is terrible, and repeatedly so from multiple forums. Warranties do not cover everything and have multiple loopholes, if you want to invoke any part of the CRA 2015 I can imagine that would be like using a foreign language to J17 Cars and you are in for a long haul of trying to get any work done or money back if you wanted to reject the car outright.
  6. ...Andy, is this the meet I think I saw on AdamCs channel, where the parking is literally on the country road grass verge for miles along in either direction?
  7. Seats confirmed to be back on Friday so I am in, weather dependent! 1. Andy James 2. Humpy 3. Maz (gg2040uk) 4. MatthewThain 5. Keyser the imposter - Maximum Effort 6. STUGGERZ - count me in 7. Coldel
  8. Yeah I agree, for me could not give two hoots about top speed, 0-60 speed etc. as you barely get the chance unless on track to unleash that so it's pretty meaningless. What I do know is that tingle I get when I drop into my bucket seated VX, press the starter button and hear the engine fire up, then slowly pull away feeling every bump in the road transmitted through the steering wheel - its epic, I feel like an F1 driver, and the car looks stunning and unique, not a run of the mill mile munching box. But hey, thats just what I like, which is why I have what I have, and everyone else has something else!
  9. Mats and foot rest sorted this morning as well as trimming and fitting to the back shelf. Reattached door cards. Going to Velcro back on the infills for them rather than use the nightmare plastic poppers. just waiting for the seats to come back now!
  10. OP from what I understand of J17 (and there is a long thread of horror stories of them) is that you can have a good experience buying IF nothing goes wrong with the car. If you do have a problem they will mess you around, fob you off, tell outright lies contravening the CRA 2015 so on and so forth. If you are confident of buying a car from them and not having to go back then go for it, if you do have to go back, can't say people didn't warn you...
  11. coldel

    Tyre help please

    I am sure Dan will be along shortly... (Ekona)...
  12. Will try to get to this Andy, depends if there are any seats in my car or not!
  13. Well my chap Ross picked up the door cards and seats last weekend and they are currently in Cheshire with him weaving his magic on them...should be back with me in a week or so. In the meantime, bit more cleaning out of the interior: Properly installed the new gear and handbrake gaiters and part installed the carpet kit I bought off the VX forum, needs a fair bit of trimming(!) but its in now which is a back breaking job given the lack of access under the dash unless you are 3 foot tall: I have carpet for the middle aluminium section in front of the gear lever but am thinking of leaving that bit uncovered, it kind of looks good to remind me of the stripped out underpinnings of a VX. Have also plastidipped some of the door panels which were silver using a mettalic black plastidip product. Getting there slowly but surely, interior will look a whole world away from where I started (as will my bank account...)
  14. coldel

    Insurance

    Things do not stay constant I would guess. 350z's are now so cheap to buy you are seeing a lot more younger buyers in the market (and sorry to say this but statistics show its true) younger people tend to be much more high risk than older in terms of claims, so can imagine we are seeing the impact of claims against this particular make and model of car and premiums are going up. There is also the issue that insurance companies make a rod for their own back with the way they all operate - in that they whack up renewal, and hope people are too lazy to change. They tend to target elderly people quite a lot with this practice as they are unlikely to shop around or know how - my father in law has hit 80 and has no idea what price comparison sites are, he has used the same insurance company for years so my wife has to call them and knock them back down each year. But yes, insurance companies will always try their luck and whack your prices up. Its pretty much par for the course to have to shop around each year, but never feel guilty about knocking them down as they are overcharging you with the renewal each time anyway
  15. I know, what just pulling your leg...
  16. coldel

    Engine bay

    From the album: Celica GT4

  17. coldel

    Celica GT4

  18. coldel

    VX220

  19. coldel

    VX5

    From the album: VX220

  20. coldel

    VX4

    From the album: VX220

  21. coldel

    VX3

    From the album: VX220

  22. coldel

    VX2

    From the album: VX220

  23. coldel

    VX1

    From the album: VX220

  24. coldel

    C5UPE

    My Zed 2011-2012
×
×
  • Create New...